Chapter twenty

A/N: Sorry for the long wait chicos, but here is Chapter twenty!

Hope this is worth the wait because RyAndrea is back!

Happy reading! :)

_______________________

Chapter twenty

Ryder put the bowl of cereals that he was eating on the counter and grabbed a stool sitting on it. He peeked a glance at his sister as she made herself a cup of coffee. She toasted some bread and sat on the small dinning table that Ryder never used because he usually ate on the counter.

She was ignoring him and he couldn't stand it. If she kept ignoring him, he would surely explode in annoyance. He poured some milk on the bowl watching the cereals float.

He glanced at Rina once again but she was determine to not spare him a glance. He sighed in irritation and ran a hand through his hair. "Rina...." He started but she kept ignoring him.

He sighed again. "Listen, I'm sorry okay. I know what I did yesterday was wrong and I'm really sorry. Will you please stop ignoring me and talk?" He apologized but Rina didn't respond. She kept eating her breakfast ignoring his moody brother.

"Rina... Please talk! You're really killing me here!" He groaned making his way to her but she stood up and made her way to the living room. Before she could take another step though, Ryder tugged onto her arm. "I'm sorry, will you please forgive me?!" He begged.

She finally looked at him and he wished she didn't because all he saw in her eyes were anger. "Sorry?! Sorry?..." She laughed humourlessly. "You went out of the line, Ryder. We might be twins and you might be a little older by like five minutes but that doesn't give you the right to take control of my life! I can still do whatever I want and I have every right of hanging out and befriends with whoever I want! I don't need you to tell me what to do! I can manage myself, thank you very much!" She snapped snatching her arms away from his hold and went upstairs to her room.

Ryder knew she was right. He did went out of the line. If it was the other way around, he knew he would be mad too if his sister tells him who to and not to be friends with. Sometimes, he was just really protective when it comes to Rina. She was the only sister he got now. He knew the last one didn't end well and he will not going to let it happen again. He will keep an eye to Rina all the time.

Even if it meant her hating him for it!

Ryder let out a deep breath and took his bag by the couch. Another day at school, which means, another day of Andrea. Could the day get any worse?

~ * ~ * ~

Andrea made sure she wasn't running late this morning. She didn't want to bump into Ryder again. She entered the class and she was ten minutes early. The usual nerds were already there in the front row doing work or chatting amongst themselves. The teacher wasn't there yet so she decided to find a seat.

She looked around the room and made her way to the furthest corner of the room where a seat was segregated from others. She plopped down to the chair and started reading a novel that she picked out from the library yesterday.

'Way to be a nerd, Andrea!' She thought to herself.

The ten minutes passed like the wind and the bell rang signalling that class had started. Mr. Dee entered the classroom and everyone settled in.

"Good morning, class!" He greeted putting his bag on the desk and walked around it to sit on the edge facing us. "I would like you to know that today we will start our 'big project.'" He stated causing some people to cheer, groan, and some had no expression at all.

"So what is our 'big project' you may asked. Well," he said clapping his hands together, placing a big grin on his face. "We will have to do this project with partners." He said as everyone cheered. After all, two brains are better than one. Andrea, however, didn't liked the idea of working with a partner. She didn't really liked socializing, so she usually end up finishing the project by herself and letting her partner get the credits even though they did nothing.

"Which, I will assign." He added and everyone groaned. 'Great!' Andrea thought sarcastically. 'I can be paired with anyone. The day just gets better and better.'

"Let's go through the list, shall we." Mr. Dee said as he took a sheet of paper on his bag. He scanned the list again and read it.

"Jaime and Parker..."

"Kayla and Sydney..." 'Two nerds working together. That is just unfair.' She thought.

"Josh and Jackson..."

"Kimberly and Paul..."

"Casey and Katie..."

"George and Max..."

"Kathleen and Daniel..."

"Dave and Kyle.."

"Greg and Fiona.

"Andrea and..." Mr. Dee trailed off as the door bursted open revealing the Greek god himself. "Ahh... Mr. Collins, it's nice of you to join us today. It's been a while." He greeted sending him a small smile. Since Ryder was the chosen 'lucky student,' it was fine if he skipped classes. The teachers will have no saying to it.

"Anyway, I was just telling everybody who their partner is going to be for our upcoming 'big project.'" He stated. "And you are working with..." He looked back at the list and searched for his name.

Andrea was crossing her fingers. She didn't want to be working with Ryder. It was bad enough she sees him in all of her classes. She didn't want anything that has to do with him.

'Please don't be me... Please don't be me... Please don't be me...' She chanted in her head.

"Oh would you look at that." Mr. Dee smirked. "You're working with Ms. Carson." He raised his eyebrows at her and shot her a smile.

'Are you kidding me?!' Andrea thought looking agape at Mr. Dee. "But Mr. Dee, I can't work with him!" She complained as Ryder gave her a confuse look.

"How come? I mean, he's the 'lucky student' and you're his 'slave' anyway so I'm sure you two know each other quite well." He explained.

"But sir, I don't think think it would be such a great idea." She tried persuading him as he shot her an amuse look. She knew that he wouldn't change his mind. He never did and he never will.

"You know me well, Andrea. I made up my mind and nothing's going to change. You're working with Mr. Collins here. And Mr. Collins," He said turning his head to Ryder who had been patiently watching them. "Why don't you take a seat so I can talk about what you are to do for this project."

Ryder scanned the whole room and it seemed to be that the only seat available was the one beside Andrea. He reluctantly made his way and plopped himself down to the chair, a sigh departing his mouth.

"Now that everyone is settled, shall we continue? For this project you will have to get to know your partner. What they like? Their hobbies? Family? Anything about them. You are to write an essay about your partner and I'm giving you a month to do so. Remember that this project is worth 20% of your grade so I suggest you do it as soon as possible and not procrastinate." He said eying Ryder. He knew he doesn't do any of his work until the last minute.

"I will give you some time to work on it in class but the rest, you will have to do it on your spare time. Get together with your partner and hang out with them. I have previous students who did the same project as you guys and some ended being best friends, enemies became friends, and some even met the love of their life." He said as the whole class giggled and let out 'ooh's' teasingly. While Ryder and Andrea fidgeted uncomfortably in their seats.

"Anyway, the whole point is to socialize with another person who is the total opposite or totally the same as you. I want you to write me at least five pages of what you had learn about your partner, understand?" He asked and everyone nodded their heads. Some students were really excited for the project but a few thought that it was pretty stupid.

"Great! Now that we all know what to do, let's get our books out and continue to read our novel. It's still English class guys." He smiled as everyone else groaned.

'Great! Just great! The more I want to stay away from Ryder, the more fate is bringing us together!' Andrea thought thinking of hanging out and writing the essay with Ryder.

Fantastic, right?....

_______________________

A/N: VOTE VOTE VOTE!
And COMMENT your thoughts!