Chapter twenty-seven

The next day, Ryder woke up pretty annoyed because of what happened between him and his father last night during dinner. He knew he might have saddened his mother because he left when she just wanted to spend time with him. He felt a little selfish but he just couldn't stand his father.

He got ready for school and took a quick shower. He ate some breakfast and before he left, Rina came down to prepare herself some toast.

"Good morning." Ryder greeted grabbing his backpack on the couch.

"How are you?" She asked making a cup of coffee.

"Fine."

"Ry, that's not what I mean." She sighed.

"Then, what do you mean?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows together in confusion.

"I meant how are you? Remember, last night?" She asked slowly.

"Rina, I really don't want to discuss this right now. Besides, I'll be late if I don't leave now." He said trying to get out of the conversation.

"Since when did you care if you were late for school. Come on, Ry, I know the subject must be touchy but you still have to tell me sooner or later."

"Then I prefer later. See you!" He waved his hand goodbye but before he could press the elevator button, Rina stopped her.

"Stop! I'm serious, Ryder. I'm not joking."

"Neither am I. Just let it go, Rina."

"I can't. You know why? Because you're hurting mom. She was really upset last night." She informed him.

"It's not all my fault. Don't put all the blame on me." He said feeling the guilt eat him up. His mother was a touchy subject to her. He didn't want to see her mother upset especially if it is because of him.

"I'm not, why can't you and dad put everything aside just for one night? Can you do that? For mom. And even if you hate dad, he will forever be your father and there is nothing to change that now."

"Why are you defending him, Rina? May I just remind you that he is the reason why you are thousands of miles away from us." He reasoned trying to turn the tables around. He knew that the topic about his mother was too much for him to take. He couldn't bare to see her upset.

"I'm not defending him. But, Ry, I forgave him for doing that. He made me a better person by doing that. Besides, it was my punishment and I learned from it. It was safer that way." She explained shooting him a sad smile. He knew that her sister went through a lot. The least thing he wanted to see was seeing the most two important women in his life. His mother and his sister.

He let out a sighed and muttered: "Rina, I really gotta go. I'll see you later. Don't go anywhere without telling me." He said as he pressed the elevator door and went to the underground parking lot to get his car and go to school. He was never been this excited to go to school before but he knew why he was eager to.

A certain grey-eyed girl, that's for sure. That was the only reason why he was so eager to go to school. To see the girl that he missed so much even if they saw each other yesterday. Ryder didn't know how he liked her in nearly two weeks. It was insane. He never liked a girl that fast before. He remembered that he only started liking Lily after two months. But now with Andrea, it was faster than he thought. It was just, Andrea was so gentle and she didn't judge him in any way. He felt comfortable with her.

Ryder was so drawn to his thoughts that he didn't even noticed that he was already at school. He only realized when the car came to a halt in the parking lot. How he managed driving and not getting into an accident was a complete mystery for him.