Chapter forty-nine

Chapter forty-nine

Andrea was relieved when she finally made it to the meeting place with Jason. She finally managed to escape Ryder's house and all the police watching them. It wasn't easy but she was at peace that she got there on time. She looked around the place and waited for his arrival. She was nervous but she was willing to do it for the Collins'.

"Good thing you came." Andrea heard a husky voice from behind her which made her spin around quickly. She faced a built, tall man that had dangerous dark eyes. "It's finally nice to meet you. Jason Alfonso." He introduced as he stuck his hand out for her to shake.

Andrea stared at his hand warily but didn't bother on shaking it at all. "Where's Rina?" She asked looking back up at him and Jason just smiled and put back his hand beside him. "You said you were going to give her back to her family once I'm here."

"I will. You know, you're lucky I got her out alive from her crazy ex-boyfriend's house."

"Ex-boyfriend?" Andrea asked curiously. Then she remembered the story that Ryder had told her about Rina's only boyfriend who also raped her. She then pieced the information together and she realized that Jason didn't kidnapped Rina, it was her ex all along. But how did Jason Alfonso know about Rina's ex?

"Don't worry, he won't be bothering her anymore." Jason said with a smirk on his lips.

Andrea's eyebrows furrowed and tried to understand his phrase. "You mean, you killed him?"

"Well, if you wanna use those terms, then sure, I did just that." He proudly told her.

"Release her now." She demanded folding her arms across her chest.

"Only if I gain your trust. I'm not quite sure if you'll do exactly what I tell you to. We never know, you might have something up your sleeves." He stated as he circled around her.

"I promise not to do anything stupid against you, just let her go." Andrea guaranteed but Jason only smiled.

"Promises are meant to be broken, they say. You know Carson, I can easily shoot that little head of yours and make you disappear, right?"

"I already said that I'll do what you want, just let Rina leave. I'm a woman of my words and I never lie." She said which seemed to amazed Jason and nodded in approval.

"Okay, but I want you to do something first."

"What?" Andrea spat out and glared at him.

"Call him." Jason ordered as he pulled out his phone from his pocket and stuck it out to Andrea. "I want you to call him and tell him that you never wanna see him ever again. I also want you to tell him that you never did love him and to just leave you alone." He demanded and Andrea swallowed hard. She was taking big gulps of breath and she couldn't do anything but stare at the phone.

" I can't do that." Andrea whispered brokenheartedly.

"Then I guess, Rina won't be leaving anytime soon." He declared as he was putting his phone back in his pocket. Andrea closed her eyes and took a deep breath and stopped him midway.

"I'll do it." She announced in defeat and opened her eyes again glaring at him. "I'll call him. Just promise me that Rina will get back to her family in safe and sound condition."

"Make sure it's on speakers." Jason ordered and stuck out the phone to her once again.

"Promise me first." Andrea told him.

"She'll get back safe and sound." He assured her and Andrea sighed. It wasn't really a promise but she figured that Jason won't say those words to her. She figured he probably was too manly and dangerous for that. She reluctantly reached for the phone but before she can grab it, Jason pulled back. "Just make sure there are no funny business, Carson. Or Rina might not get home in one piece."

"No funny business." She confirmed and Jason handed her the phone and she dialed his number as tears started forming in her eyes.

~ * ~ * ~

It was already ten o'clock in the morning when Ryder woke up. The crew were already awake and were watching television as the police officers roamed around the place to make sure that everything was in place. Ryder looked around the living room and noticed that Andrea was no where in sight.

"Hey guys, has anyone seen Andrea?" He asked them but they all shook their heads.

"No, and when we woke up this morning we haven't seen her in bed." Katie informed him as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Where would she go? He thought. He made his way to the kitchen to check if she was there only to find the place empty. She then started calling her phone but no one was answering.

He called her twenty times already and he was running out of patience. Then he thought that maybe she went home and a police officer escorted her. He then dialed Rina's home phone and her mother answered the phone.

"Hey Mrs. Carson, is Andrea there?" He asked.

"Andrea? No, isn't she suppose to be there?" Her mother asked in bewilderment.

"Well the girls told me that she wasn't there when they woke up and I've been trying to call her but she's not picking up." Ryder said growing worried of where Andrea could have been if she wasn't home.

"Oh my lord, where could she be? Have you check the whole house?" Her mother questioned in concern.

"No, I'll do that right now."

"Okay, call me if you have any news."

"Alright, I'll call you as soon as I can Mrs. Carson." He said hanging up the phone and started going around the house to find Andrea but she was no where in sight. He furiously ran a hand through his already messy hair and let out a growl.

Suddenly, his phone rang and he stared at the screen that said 'Private Number'. Too frustrated about the situation, he answered the phone without a care. "Who's this?" He asked impatiently.

"It's me." The person on the other line responded and Ryder was relieved hearing her voice.

"Andrea? Andrea, where are you? I've been worried sick about you. Can you tell me where you are?" He rumbled as he walked back inside the house and into the kitchen.

"No, I want you to leave me alone Ryder." She said and Ryder was completely shocked he almost drop the bottled water he was holding.

"Wha-What? Andrea, what are you saying? Where are you?" He questioned with furrowed eyebrows and dumbfounded.

"Didn't you hear me? I said I want you to leave me alone. I never did love you, Ryder. And I don't wanna see you ever again." She stated causing Ryder to turn ballistic and furious.

"You're lying, I know you are!" He outrageously spat.

"No, I'm not." Andrea fought back.

"Andrea, Andrea where are you? What is going on?!" He barked in exasperation.

"Don't call me again, Ryder, please. I never wanna see you again." She declared and before Ryder could yell at how stupid she sounded, she already hanged up the phone leaving Ryder in a lunatic, furious state. He was boiling mad and couldn't hold his anger no longer and punched the granite counter making his hand turned red and sore.
_______________________
A/N: What do you guys think? How do you think Ryder would feel?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow :)

Stay in tune for the next chapter!