Chapter thirty-one

Chapter thirty-one

Beep, beep, beep, beep!

The alarm clock went off as Ryder hit the button to shut the sound off. He let out a groaned and lazily sat up. He looked at the time and it was seven thirty. He still got an hour to get himself ready for school.

He took his phone from the bedside table and dialled Katie's number. After three rings, she finally answered. "Hello!" She chirped. Ryder never knew how the girl was always enthusiastic especially in the morning when she should be cranky like the rest of the population.

"I need you to do me a favour." He said as he entered his walk-in closet and find something to wear for the day.

"What is it?" She asked as he heard some shuffling over the phone.

"Steal the nerd for me, will ya? Bring her to the lot at exactly ten o'clock. Text me when you're coming."

"Of course, anything for you, lovebirds." She squealed and clapped her hands. There was a pause for a moment and Katie was contemplating whether he was going to talk or not. "Anything else?" She finally asked.

"Do you like Andrea? I mean, for me? Do you really think we would make a cute couple?" He asked and he mentally slapped himself for sounding like a freaking girl. He knew he was turning into a softie and it was all because of her.

"Of course I like her for you. You two are the most adorable couple ever. Even though I'm not really sure whether you're a couple or not."

"Yeah, I'm still working on it. Anyway, thanks, remember ten o'clock." He reminded.

"Got it, sir!" Katie said as they both hang up the phone. He let out a sigh and looked over at his already messy closet. Well, guess it was time to make it even messier because he had no idea what to wear to impress Andrea. Wow, talk about world one issues.

~ * ~ * ~

"Good morning, Steven." Andrea greeted as he opened the passenger door for her and she slid in gracefully.

"Good morning." She greeted back with a grin on his face. He made his way to the other side and put the key through the hole.

"Thanks again for giving me a ride." She said gratefully.

"Don't mention it. What are friends for, right?" He smiled then pulled out of the driveway. They drove to school talking about random subjects. It started with breakfast and ended up to why banana had such a weird name. They were both laughing when they got to school and pulled over the parking lot.

"I mean, why do they have to repeat the 'na' part?" He asked pulling the keys out of the keyhole.

"Because it would sound weirder if they only named it bana?" Andrea said as they looked at each other for five seconds, and next thing you know, fits of laughter exploded in the car.

"Yeah, maybe it does sound weirder that way." He chuckled as they got out of the car. He locked the door with his key and walked with Andrea to her locker.

When they got all their belongings from their lockers, they made their way to class and they both uttered 'See you soon,' as they departed to their classes.

The bell rang at exactly nine o'clock and Andrea was already sitting in the front of the class and reading her book. The teacher entered the class and they had the whole period discussing about lights and how they refract and reflect.

Andrea was almost falling asleep, she knew all the lessons already. It irritated her that her classmates wouldn't get how to determine whether it was refracting or reflecting. Gosh, how much she wanted to slam her head on the desk over and over again.