Chapter nine

Chapter nine

Ryder woke up by the sound of his phone ringing. He groaned loudly and tried to find his phone with close eyes. He reached for his pockets and took his phone out. He answered it right away without looking at the Caller I.D.

"What?" He groaned lazily. He felt like his brain was being hit by a hammer over and over again. He just hated the feeling of a hangover. Although, he was used by it by now.

"Bro, where are you?" Scott asked with frustration.

"Dammit, Scott! Why are you calling me? Do you have any idea what time it is?!" He growled running a hand through his hair.

"It's noon, Ryder." He retorted. Ryder mustn't have notice it was already lunch because his blinds were still close leaving his room dark.

"It is?" Ryder asked dumbfounded. "But who cares? Call me later. You know I have a hangover and I need my beauty sleep."

"You know what day it is?" Scott asked him. Ryder's head was already hurting, he didn't Scott to ask stupid question that will make him think.

"Scott, I have a hangover, not an amnesia. I know it's Saturday." He answered annoyingly.

"Saturday." Scott repeated. "Which means you have...." He trailed off.

Ryder groaned again forgetting about his plans. "Race practice." He finished.

"Yeah, and everyone's waiting. You have thirty minutes so you better wake up now!" Scott demanded ending the phone call.

'Great, just great!' Ryder thought sarcastically. He sat up and run a hand through his face.

~ * ~ * ~

When Ryder arrived at the race track arena, Scott wasn't kidding. Everyone was already there patiently waiting for him.

"Finally, you're here!" Scott announced gaining everyone's attention. They all turned around and gazed at Ryder.

"Sorry I'm late everyone. I had a tough night." He apologized.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Paulo said annoyingly with his thick Spanish accent.

Paulo Valdez, Ryder's personal race trainer. He had been training him for the past two years since he started driving. Before, Ryder was just a rookie, but now, he was racing for championship because of Paulo. Yes, he made that happen so Ryder was so thankful of him.

Ryder followed after him and slid in his racing car. He put the seatbelt on as Paulo rested his arms to the window seal and talked to him.

"Don't be late again, got it?" Paulo lectured him.

"I'm sorry, I told you I had a tough night." He tried explaining.

"I don't care." Paulo spat. "Some of us got some plans. Not everyone's going to adjust their time just for you."

"Alright, sorry. Keep your pants on." Ryder chuckled humourlessly putting his arms in defence form.

"It's not a laughing matter, Collins. This is your first warning. Third warning and I'm pulling you out of the race. You can forget about championship." Paulo threatened him.

"You can't do that!" Ryder growled gripping the steering wheel tightly, turning his knuckles white.

"I'm the trainer, I'm the boss here! I can do whatever I want! Now go do some laps before I get angry with you!" Paulo commanded leaving the race track and taking a seat at the bleachers.

Ryder let out a scream of frustration and run his hand through his hair tugging on it a little harder. He stepped on the gas and did ten laps within the next ten minutes.

~ * ~ * ~

It was already noon but Andrea was still lying on her bed being a lazy pants. She didn't want to do anything except to relax. She had a rough night because of hat happened between Ryder and Steven.

Her phone started ringing all of a sudden startling her. The ring tone boomed around her room since it was so quiet that was the only thing she could hear.

She looked at the caller and it was unknown. She scrunched up her nose in confusion. Nobody really called her but her parents.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey, miss me?" A deep voice echoed through other line. She knew that voice, it was very familiar indeed.

"Steven?" She asked.

"Aw nuts, how'd you know it was me?" He asked sarcastically.

"Well, besides my parents, I think you're the only other person who'll call me. Although, I have no idea why. And you ask me if I missed you. You were the only person I last talked to since last night. Except maybe Ryder."

"I just wanted to hear your voice." He commented making Andrea blush. Whoa, she never blush in her whole life.

"Yeah right." She said sarcastically.

"I mean it, Andrea." He smiled over the phone. "So, what are your plans for today?" He asked changing the subject.

"Well, if you call staying in bed for the rest of the day a plan, then that's what I'm doing." She responded.

"You're so boring." He kidded.

"I am a nerd anyway, so I guess being boring suits me."

"You know I didn't mean it that way."

"It's okay, Steven. I'm not mad." She assured him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"How 'bout I make it up to you?"

"What do you mean?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"Let me take you out tomorrow. Anywhere you want. The mall, the park, movies, restaurants, you decided." He offered.

"You don't have to do that, Steven. I'm fine."

"Come on, please..." He pleaded.

"I don't know."

"Please, please, please, please, pleaaaasssseee!"

"Fine!" Andrea chuckled making Steven smile with triumph.

"Yes, I'll pick you up at lunch tomorrow."

"Wait, you know where I live?" She asked curiously. "And how did you get my number?" She added.

"Haven't you heard of the saying 'Curiosity killed the cat'? Don't worry, kitten, I didn't do anything wrong or bad to get your info."

"Kitten? Is that your nickname for me now?"

"Yes. See you tomorrow, kitten." He said hanging up the phone leaving Andrea astonished and blushing.

_______________________

A/N: New info about Ryder. He does racing! And how about Steven and Andrea? Do you think they should be together or not?

Team StevAn or Team RyAndrea?!!!

You know the drill, VOTE and COMMENT! I need your opinions!