Chapter twenty-two

A/N: Update, Update, Update!

Hey chickos, update time!

Happy reading :)

_______________________

Chapter twenty-two

Rina was watching T.V. relaxing her mind. She was still pissed from how Ryder acted last night towards Steven. It was like he changed drastically and she had no idea why.

She was watching a re-run of Spongebob Squarepants when her phone started ringing. She looked at the caller I.D. and it read 'Mom.' She answered it and clicked the green button.

"Hey mom"

"Hey sweetheart, how are you?" She asked softly. Her mom was the calmest person she knows. She was usually quiet and understanding. Rina had no clue how her mother and her father fell in love with each other. They were very different. She guessed it was true; opposites do attract.

"I'm fine. How are you and dad doing?" She asked politely as she turned off the television.

"We're good, sweetheart. I just wanted to know how you were. Is your brother treating you nicely?"

Rina sighed. She knew she had to tell her mother the truth. She had never lied to her before and she wasn't about to start now. She knew her mom wouldn't judge her by what she did or what her decisions were. She was understanding and caring.

"We already fought, mom." She admitted and she knew her mother would be smiling in amusement on the other line. Rina heard her chuckles over the phone and she could imagine how her cheek bones would rise up and down from her laughter.

"What happened?" She asked catching her breath.

"Mom, do you know by chance what happened between Steven and Ryder?" Rina questioned hoping that her mother knew something.

"I'm not quite sure what had happen. What I do know is that after you left for Australia, they just kind of parted. I never saw Steven or even visit and go to our house again." She explained as Rina thought of ideas why they felt cold with each other.

"I wonder what happened?" Rina wondered voicing her thought.

"Well, whatever happened, it might be serious because it drew them apart. They were like brothers if you remembered. Always protecting you from the boys." She said making Rina laughed as the memories flooded back in her mind.

"Yeah, I miss them. I hope they make up." Rina sighed dramatically leaning her head back on the couch.

"I'm sure they will, sweetheart. Just give them time." Her mother advised and she could picture her smiling.

"Thanks mom." Rina replied.

"Oh, and before I forget." She said before hanging up. "I'm inviting you and Ryder for dinner tonight. I miss you, kids. We haven't really eaten together for a long time now. I'll see you at seven, okay?"

"Alright mom. We'll be there." Rina hesitated. A part of her wanted to go because she really missed her mother but a part of her didn't want to because she knew her father wouldn't be pleased of seeing her.

Rina hanged up the phone and let out a deep breath. Guessed it was time to take a shower. She was really bored at home so she decided to go to the gym and maybe run a marathon.

Exercising always relieved her stress.

~ * ~ * ~

"Where are you taking me, Ryder?" Andrea whined as he dragged her to the parking lot to his car. "I told you I can't skip anymore class."

"Stop whining!"

"I don't want to! Can we go back?!" She continually whined stomping her feet like a child.

"No." Ryder answered. "C'mon, get in!" He ordered pushing Andrea in the passenger seat of his car. She struggled trying to stay away from the car as much as possible.

But Ryder picked her up like she was weightless and carried her bridal style. A gasp came out of her mouth by the sudden action. Ryder carefully placed her on the seat buckling her seatbelt. He shut the door and jogged to the other side of the car. He climbed in and put the key in as the car ignited. He was about to drive when Andrea stopped her.

"What?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows together.

"I'm not riding with you unless you wear your seatbelt." She demanded crossing her arms across her chest.

"Seriously?" He questioned raising an eyebrow at her. He probably thought she was crazy since never in two years since he started driving did he ever wear a seatbelt.

"Seriously. Now put that on or I'll jump out of the car!" She warned him narrowing her eyes at him.

Ryder let out a sigh. "Fine." He said defeated. He buckled his seatbelt and looked back at her. "Happy?"

"Ecstatic!" She answered grinning like she was given Cadbury chocolate bar. Ryder smiled seeing her beam like a child. She was so adorable he just wanted to pinch her cheeks.

"You should smile more often. It suits you." He said pulling out of the parking lot. Andrea blushed like a mad woman she might have looked like a red tomato. "You're cute when you blush." He glanced at her as she continually turned to beat red. Now surely she knew she was redder than a tomato.

"Will you stop with the flattering comments." She mumbled staring at her hands which was rested on her lap. Ryder's heavenly laugh filled the car. It sounded so good in her ears. Wow, she must really like him.

"So, where do you wanna go?" He asked after a few minutes of silence that passed by. Andrea looked at him and looked back at the window and sigh.

"I don't know. You're the one who dragged me out of school." She pointed out.

"Touché." He said chuckling a little. "How 'bout Mc Donald's? I'm starving, I haven't eaten breakfast yet." He suggested.

"Mc Donald's?" She asked wrinkling her nose as she thought about his suggestion.

"No, don't tell me you're one of those healthy girls who are obsess with their weight and only eat vegetables and fruits?" He groaned glancing at Andrea every now and then.

"No..." Andrea laughed knowing that she was way different than those girls who are trying to maintain their slim bodies just to attract boys. "Mc Donald's is not really my thing. I'm more of a Wendy's type of girl." She stated causing Ryder to smile.

"Wendy's it is then." He announced turning left around the corner. "So.... about that scholarship... Sorry again for what I've said." He apologized sheepishly rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Don't worry about it. Besides, you don't know that much about me." She muttered keeping her eyes on the road but she could feel Ryder glancingly at her and back on the road.

"I know, so I shouldn't have judged you. I had no right especially since I know nothing about who you really are...." He trailed off and Andrea knew there was something more that he was willing to ask but he wouldn't say anything.

"Spit it out, Ryder." She said as he looked at her in amazement on how she found out that something was bothering him. "C'mon, you can tell me."

He opened his mouth but nothing came out so he close it again. "I guess... I - um..." He stuttered trying to search for the right words. "I've been meaning to ask what the scholarship is really for. Why do you need it?" He admitted as he parked on the parking lot of Wendy's.

Andrea thought of the answer to his question and she thought of an idea. "How about this; you ask me questions and I'll answer it and then I ask you questions and you'll answer it in all honest matter." She suggested hoping that he would say yes.

He thought of it for a few seconds and he didn't know if he should do it. He really didn't want Andrea to know anything about him. If she knew too much, it might endanger her and he couldn't let that happen. "You mean like... the game '20 questions?'" He asked as she nodded her head.

Should he say yes or no?

He really couldn't decide...

He couldn't let Andrea know too much but at the same time he wanted to know everything about her. That would just be unfair to her. He run a hand on his hair in frustration and let out a sigh.

"Fine..." He answered making Andrea beam like there was no tomorrow. "But if the question is too personal, we can pass." He added.

"Deal." She said getting out of the car to Wendy's.

What have he done?!....