Epilogue

A/N: Here's the Epilogue!
Who do you think was shot?
Well, you're about to find out...
Happy reading :)
_______________________
Epilogue

5 years later.....

The memories of that night were still embedded in their heads, as if stuck there forever. It had been five years since the incident. Five years ago since he died.

"Happy birthday." Andrea whispered as a tear rolled onto her cheek. She quickly wiped it with the back of her hand and mustered a smile. "I missed you." She said as another tear rolled off, but this time, she didn't bother wiping it away. "I hope you were here."

Andrea placed a bouquet of flowers by his grave and blew a kiss on her hand and touched his name on the plaque. "You were a kind person, you don't deserve what had happen to you. Nobody does." She continued as she felt a body beside her pulling her into their arms. She wrapped her arms around their torso as she wept loudly.

"Shhh, just let it all out." His soothing voice said as he rubbed circles on her back. Unsurprisingly, it calmed every nerve in her body down. After about five minutes of uncontrollable sobbing, she finally pulled away. He wiped her tears away with his thumbs and placed a kiss on the tip of her nose.

Andrea managed another smile and looked down at his grave. "I have some great news." She announced kneeling down beside the grave. "I'm getting married." She declared lifting her left hand with the silver band wrapped around her ring finger. "I wish you were here to witness it." She whispered.

"I'm sure he would like to see it, sweetheart." Ryder said as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders kneeling down beside her. "We missed you, Steve." He whispered patting the grass where his grave laid. "If you were you, I wouldn't hesitate to give you the position of being my best man. Scott's being a pain in the ass." He softly chuckled.

Everything came back on that night. Ryder remembered every single thing as if it was a video permanently stuck on his mind.

-----

Ryder's heart tore apart in the scene before him. Jason was up against the car being arrested by the police together with the goons that worked for him. He saw Andrea raced out of the car and kneeled down to the floor placing Steven's head on her thighs.

Scott quickly grabbed an officer standing beside him by the collar. "Call the f*cking ambulance now!" He barked as the police taken by surprised pulled himself away taking a phone out of his pocket and rapidly made a call.

Ryder didn't feel it at first, but when he felt a small droplet of water on his hand, he then found out he was crying. His feet carried him forward where Steven was lying and knelt down. He grabbed his cold hand and pulled it close to his chest as if a sign of not letting him go.

"Steven, Steve, can you hear me?" He whispered desperately.

Steven smiled and held Ryder's hand with all his might. "You take good care of Andrea for me." He commanded.

Andrea quickly kissed his forehead and swept his dark brown locks that was covering his forehead back. "No, no, Steve, don't say that. Please, you're not going anywhere." She encouraged him as he only smiled in response. Blood continually oozed out of the middle of his body making a puddle on the ground.

"Promise me you'll chase after your dreams and have your own accounting firm someday." Steven told her as she nodded in response. He then turned his attention back to Ryder and squeezed his hand.

"I'm sorry Steve, I'm really sorry." Ryder cried out as he apologized sincerely. Tears rolled down his cheeks not caring if he looked like a mess.

Steven smiled and shook his head carefully. "Don't be, all is forgiven, Ry. We are always gonna be brothers. You, me, and that goon right there." He said nodding towards Scott who was standing on the opposite side of him. Scott knelt down and took his other hand.

"Hey!" Scott complained as they all laughed like the old times.

"Do me a favour?" Steven asked Ryder.

"Anything."

"Tell Rina that I love her so much. That I'll always be there beside her, watching over her." Steven commanded.

Ryder shook his head. "No Steve, you tell her that. You're gonna tell her that."

"Just in case I make it, do I get your blessings?" Steven kidded around.

"Of course you get my blessings. You are the best thing that has ever happened to my sister. So you better make it or I'm gonna beat the hell out of you." Ryder responded as they all laughed again.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too, bro." Scott replied as they hold on tightly on his hands.

"Thanks for being my friend, Miss Nerdy." He told Andrea as she forced a smile and placed another kiss on his forehead.

The sirens echoed through the alleyway and Steven was brought to the hospital as soon as possible. They operated on him, but unfortunately, he didn't make it.

Rina was the most devastated one. She mourned over him for over a whole year and when Steven's mother handed her a pile of letters that Steven had been secretly writing as she was in Australia, she was for more upset finding out that he loved her through those letters.

She moved back to Australia after two years together with Ryder. He spent a whole year there trying to help Rina to move on. It was tough at first, but after 8 months of psychiatrist's sessions, a bunch of pep talk and many encouraging words, she was finally better than before. She didn't completely forget Steven but she was doing much better by starting to go back to school and continuing her studies in business.

Ryder was also enrolled in one of the universities in Australia. He worked hard trying to help Rina and focused on his studies at the same time. Ryder and Andrea kept in touch. Calling and skyping any free time they had. After a year and a half, when Rina had fully recovered, they flew back to town.

They finished their studies. Andrea became an accountant and had been working at Mr. Collins' accounting firm slowly making her way to the top. Ryder graduated with a Bachelor's degree in International Business. Scott just did his MCAT exam and had applied to medical school. While Rina went was still finishing her degree in marketing. They all seemed to moved on over the last 5 years.

-----

"Hey! I heard that!" Scott scolded as he placed a candle by Steven's grave and lit it with a lighter. He sat on the opposite side of where Ryder and Andrea together with Rina.

"We miss you, Steve. I miss you so much." Rina whispered as a tear escaped her eyes. She quickly wiped it with the back of her hand and let out a forced smile. "If you were here, I know you will scold at me for crying, being sad, beating myself up. Thanks for everything, Steve. Happy birthday!" She greeted as she tried to compose herself. Scott wrapped his arm around her and pulled her against his chest for comfort.

"Happy Birthday, Steven!" The whole crew shouted at the back and laid more flowers on his grave and said their wishes.
_______________________
A/N: That's officially the end of it, folks. If you've made it all the way here, then congratulations! You read a whole book :D xD
Anyway, I wanna thank y'all for supporting this book! Thanks for all the votes and comments.
But most importantly, thanks for the love <3

Yay! Another book done for me. It's a big accomplishment!

P.S. Don't forget to read my other books!
Happily Ever After (Completed)
Hired Bride (Completed)
Nonreciprocal Love (On-going)

Until then, au revoir :)