Chapter twenty-three

A/N: Yay! Update time!

For this chapter and the next, you'll read about the past of Ryder and Andrea. Their secrets get reveal and they learn more about each other.

Happy reading :)

_____________________

Chapter twenty-three

"How about we start with something basic?" Andrea suggested taking a fry and popping it in her mouth.

"Alright, you go first." Ryder said chewing his burger.

"Umm..." Andrea thought of an easy question and asked him, "What's your favourite colour?"

"That's your question?" He asked in amusement.

"Yup! I said we'll start off with the basic questions anyway." She answered taking a sip of her drink.

"Alright..." He said as he thought about his favourite colour. He really didn't have one but he figured he could just make it up. She looked up to him waiting for his answer and she knew that Ryder didn't have a favourite colour. I mean, did bad boys even thought about what colour they really liked.

Suddenly, she was trapped by his intent gaze. He stared at her right in the eyes and she felt a little uncomfortable because it felt like he could see her through her soul. Like she was transparent.

"Soft grey..." He suddenly answered snapping Andrea out of her trance and looking down at her burger. She played with a fry and glanced at him every now and then.

"Soft grey? Really?" She asked and she thought it was the most stupidest answer he could make up in within five minutes.

"Yeah, what's wrong with soft grey?" He asked.

"Don't you think soft grey is... I don't know... Boring, blunt, old, dull, plain..." She described scrunching up her nose in disgust of the colour.

"No, I think they're enticing." He said as Andrea whipped her head to his direction. He stared at her eyes again and she played with her fry still on her hand. "They are very captivating and beautiful. I feel safe and sound whenever I see them. Like they can read my soul and my mind... you know?" He explained his face turning into a serious one.

Then it all clicked to Andrea. She knew exactly what he was talking about. "So, are we still talking about the colour grey or are we now talking about my soft grey coloured eyes?" She asked beaming at him.

He chuckled when she finally realized he was talking about her eyes all along. "Why? Don't you like grey? Do you really thing they're blunt and boring?" He question taking a sip if his drink.

"The kind my eye colour is might be. But totally not yours." She said and he realized he had the same eye colour.

Grey...

He let out a chuckle popping a fry in his mouth. "Okay, let's stop with the flattering comments. It's my turn to ask."

"Alright, shoot me."

"So... About that scholarship." He started but Andrea didn't let him finish.

"Nuh-uh, we did agree that we'll start of with the basic questions and that's not one of them." She retorted.

Ryder rolled his eyes. He knew she was clever and she'll probably do anything not to say anything about her scholarship and why it was important to her. After all, everyone has their own secrets.

"Okay, fine... What's your favourite colour?" He asked bluntly as Andrea creased her eyebrows.

"Really? You're now copying my question."