Chapter thirty-four

A/N: Hey lovely peeps! I'm so thankful for all the votes and comments! You guys have no idea how much your support inspires me to write! Thanks so much for supporting this book! You guys rock!

This chapter is dedicated to all of you! Thanks again!

_____________________

Chapter thirty-four

"Aren't you going to ask me?" Rina questioned when they reached Ryder's door. She was holding the doorknob but she didn't open it just yet.

"Ask you about what?" Steven asked with furrowed eyebrows. Steven was being sensitive by not asking Rina why she was crying. He knew something made her really upset but he didn't want to force her to tell him if she didn't want to. The important thing was that she was alright at the moment. Rina might have thought that he didn't want to asked, but the truth was, he was dying to asked her. His hands were hidden inside his pockets formed in fists. He was fuming knowing that someone caused her so much pain. He wanted to hurt them, or even made them pay for what they did to Rina. He just couldn't let it go but it was better than scaring Rina than she already was.

"About why I was crying?"

He looked away hastily not wanting to be read like an open book. Rina knew him way too well that one glance in his eyes and she would have totally figured out that deep down, he was very curious.

"I know that you're not ready to tell me." He answered in full honesty.

She hesitantly nodded and sighed. She opened the door to her brother's room and both of them entered. She stared at her twin helplessly. She just hoped that everything will turn out good and nothing bad will happen to him.

"Your mother called. She said they'll be here in a few minutes." He informed her as she nodded in reply.

Steven watched her stared at Ryder and he ran a hand through his tousled hair. It was crushing his heart watching her get hurt, let alone break down. He felt like someone was stabbing multiple of needles repeatedly on his heart and it pained him regarding her in that state.

He hesitantly approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Always remember that I'm here for you, Rina. You're not alone." He whispered as he rested his chin above her head. She was surprised by his actions but nevertheless, she let him comfort her and she rested her body against his. She missed him dearly. It had been nearly three years without seeing her best friend to comfort her and made her smile.

She really did missed the times when she would call him in the middle of the night just because she had nightmares and he would come and lay with her so she wouldn't feel scared. Or the moment when she got into fights with Ryder and Steven would be there to defend her side. Or when she was having her first heartbreak, he would come with a tub of ice cream with chick flick movies in hand. They did almost everything together and people most likely teased them that they should get married in the future.

Both of them didn't even noticed that Ryder's parents entered the room. Daphne watched the two of them and a smile quickly made its way on her lips. She'd always wanted them to be an item since day one. They really made a cute couple. They were best of friends and she knew Steven was a good influence on her daughter. Sadly, they never became more than friends and they were separated when Rina left for Australia.

Suddenly, John cleared his throat snapping the three of them out of their trances. Daphne sent him a glare for interrupting the children from their moment.

Rina and Steven slowly untangled themselves from each other and looked at Rina and Ryder's parents.

"Hey sweetheart." Daphne greeted pulling her daughter into a hug. Her mother instinct sensed that something was wrong but she didn't asked her anything and just hugged her.