Chapter twenty-nine

Chapter twenty-nine

It was Saturday and Ryder couldn't be crankier. Ever since yesterday when he overheard Steven and Andrea's conversation, he'd been in a really bad mood. He was furious about the idea of Steven loving his sister. He was even furious with the idea that Rina might love him back, but he doubt it.

He was just about to pass the last lap and when he did, he halted into a stop. He took his helmet off and made his way to the bleachers, where Pablo and Scott were seated.

"3 minutes and 23 seconds. That's even worse than the last time. What's going on, Ryder?" Pablo informed him as he wrote his time on the paper clipped on a clipboard.

Scott squinted his eyes and studied his friend. He noticed that he was in a bad mood since early this morning. He couldn't figure out why but he gotta snap out of it.

"Nothing. Just had a tough night going to sleep." He answered irritation lacing through his voice. He sat down beside Scott as he passed him a water bottle. Pablo stood up and eyed Ryder carefully. He regarded him for a while before he talked again.

"Are you sure you're ready for the championship? I need you to be a hundred percent focus during practice. You know how important this is to our town. If you mess up, I assure you that our reputation will surely go down. If you're not ready for this, maybe Milan here could take your place." Pablo informed him causing his eyes to widened in surprise. Scott? Racing during the championship? There was no way!

"I'm racing, coach. I'm focus!" He retorted.

"Are you really? Because you can say you're focus a million times but your mind is else somewhere. If there is a problem you need to fix right now, please do so. Anything to keep you focus on practice."

"Don't worry, coach. I'll make you proud." He said and took a big gulp of his water and ran to the car. He wrapped the seatbelt around his body and started the car as it roared in life.

~ * ~ * ~

Rina was dying of boredom at home. She was on her phone for about two hours already and he had been watching T.V. for over an hour but she was still bored to death. She didn't know what to do. She tried calling Steven but he wasn't answering her calls. She thought that maybe he was busy.

She finally turned off the television and stared at the ceiling. She let out a sigh of boredom and wished that the sofa would somehow move and grow some feet to keep her company. But it was to no avail. She finally gave up and closed her eyes.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing. She took it and glanced at the unknown number. She furrowed her eyebrows together thinking of who would call her. She had everyone's number and nobody else called her except her family and friends.

Thinking that it might be an emergency or really important, she answered it. "Hello?"

There was long pause in the other line and nobody was talking.

"Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?" Rina asked as she stared at her phone then brought it back to her ear. "Hello?" She tried again.

"Andrew, I've got it." A faint voice from the other line said causing Rina's eyes to widen in horror.

"A-A-Andrew?" She stuttered as tears prickled in her eyes.

"I was hoping you didn't hear that." His dangerous, low voice said causing goosebumps to stand on Rina's back.

"W-why are you c-calling me?" She asked breathlessly. It seemed like all the air in her lungs were sucked out. She couldn't seem to breathe and she was starting to hyperventilate.

"I just wanted to hear your voice, m'lady." He said with a sweet, yet disgusting voice. Rina cringed at his words and she didn't know whether to be scared or angry at him.

"What do you want, Andrew?" She said through gritted teeth. She hated the fact that he still had the guts to call her after what happened.

"You, but we both know I can't have you back." He stated and Rina could hear the smirk from his voice. "Yet..." He added causing shivers to run down her spine.

"Don't ever call me again, do you hear me? Never again, Andrew!" She almost screamed and quickly hanged up the phone. She breathe in and out trying to calm herself down. She couldn't believe he called her. She couldn't believe that after all those years of hiding and protecting herself had ended. She couldn't believe that he might be back to hunt her down, and it was an understatement that she was terrified.

~ * ~ * ~

"That's him. Jason Alfonso, the fastest and the champion of Racing War around the world. He'd never been defeated in his entire career. You think you could beat him?" Scott asked as he pointed at the picture of Jason Alfonso on the screen.

Ryder came over to Scott's house to do some background research on his opponent. After seeing all the races he'd won and all the racers he'd beaten, Ryder started to grow doubt that he would win this race.

"According in this website, he's very dangerous and full of mystery. They said that he doesn't play fair." Ryder stated regarding and skimming through the screen.

"Ry, how do we know that this website is full of right information? It could be a myth."

"Or, maybe it is real but he'd never been caught." He said looking intently at the screen. "Look," he said pointing at the picture of Jason's racing car with something connected to the side of it. "I bet you that it's a weapon."

"How can you tell?"

"Look at this other picture." He ordered scrolling down. And there, a picture of Jason's car was almost crushing the opponent's car. And at the side of the car was a sort of weapon that looked like chainsaws. It was very hard to see the details but surely, Scott had noticed it.

"Whoa!" Scoot said taking the laptop from him. "No way, there's no way! I've researched him for over a week now and never did I notice this." He said staring at the screen incredulously.

"Well believe it. I bet that's the only reason why he wins all the time. He cheats on every game."

"This is huge, Ry. Really huge! This can bring him bad reputation to the crowd. We have got to send this out!" Scott said hitting the keyboard furiously but Ryder too it away from him.

"We can't."

"Why not?!"

"Because Scott, the people would think that this is a set up. That we are just trying to find some sort of blackmail to win. They would think that we are the bad guys who are trying to destroy him." He explained looking intensely at his friend. Scott thought about it and figured that he was right. Maybe the fans would think that they were threatened by Jason.

"You're right." Scott admitted. "But I'm still saving the pictures." He said taking the laptop from Ryder and saving the images.

Ryder just gotta think of a way to stop Jason from doing his tricks. He gotta win and he will.

_______________________

A/N: New Character! Who do you think Andrew is? Very mysterious right? And what about Jason Alfonso?

Keep reading and find out who they truly are.....

Don't forget to VOTE, FAN, and COMMENT!