Chapter three

A/N: Picture of Scott Milan on the side --- >>>

_______________________

Chapter three

"Do I really have to do this?" Andrea asked Ryder biting her bottom lip. Her feeling nervous was an understatement. She was beyond nervous. Ryder thought of her punishment and it was not easy. She didn't want to do it but Ryder wouldn't allow her to back out.

"Yes, Andrea. This is your punishment. Now do it." Ryder smirked mischievously pushing Andrea forward.

"What if I get in trouble?" She asked looking around the hallways. Right after Ryder did his 'business', they decided to go grab some lunch then come back to school.

"You won't. I'll tell you if someone's coming." Ryder assured her as he urged her to do the punishment.

Andrea took a deep breath. "Fine!" She shook the spray paint and removed the lid. She shakily pressed on the button and black ink sprayed all over the lockers. She wrote 'F skul' on it and she was terrified.

Ryder quickly pulled out his phone and texted Scott, his best friend. He and Scott had a plan. Scott will distract Principal Fiddle and bring her to the hallway where Andrea was. Ryder chuckled texting Scott.

Ryder: Bring her in!

Scott: You got it!

Ryder smirked and glanced at Andrea one more time. She was still spraying K-U-L when Ryder thought that it was time to leave. He quietly slid away from the hallway leaving Andrea alone.

He saw Scott and Principal Fiddle making their way to the hallway where Andrea was and Scott led the way chatting with her. Ryder hid behind the wall smiling to himself.

"Yeah, Principal Fiddle, that's a great idea." Scott faked interesting until he saw Andrea. "Principal Fiddle, look." Scott pointed at Andrea who had no idea that they were there.

Principal Fiddle was completely astonished. She didn't think that one of the best students in Richmond High would do such a thing. "Miss Carson," she started crossing her arms across her chest. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I - uh - I" Andrea stuttered looking around for Ryder. Unfortunately, she couldn't find him and she started to worry.

"Do you know that you're vandalizing the school?" Principal Fiddle asked rhetorically tapping her foot impatiently on the floor. "You know that you can get suspended, right?"

"I'm sorry." Andrea apologized bowing her head, tears pooling in her eyes. Never did she got into any trouble. Ryder told her that she wouldn't but she was too naive to believe him. She should have known!

"To my office, now!" Principal Fiddle pointed to the way to her office and turned to her heel. Andrea almost sobbed but she tried to control herself.

She followed Principal Fiddle but she saw Scott and Ryder laughing at the corner looking at her. She glared at Ryder but Ryder just shrugged beaming at her.

A tear slid down Andrea's eye and Ryder saw it before she turned away and followed Principal Fiddle. A pang of guilt quickly made its way to his chest and his smile turned into a frown. He didn't know why he felt guilty. He always tried to frame all of the other students in the school but this is the first time he felt that way. 'Ugh! You're so stupid, Ryder!' Ryder thought to himself.

~ * ~ * ~

It was home time by then when Andrea and Principal Fiddle finished discussing about vandalizing and the consequences of her action. "Since this is the first time you got in trouble, I will only give you morning detentions for the whole week. Do you understand?" Principal Fiddle said softly. She felt bad punishing Andrea but she couldn't do anything. She knew she was framed but she just couldn't let her cross the line without any consequence. Besides, she saw with her own two eyes that Andrea was the one vandalizing the lockers.

"Yes, Principal Fiddle." Andrea nodded keeping her head down. She was so ashamed and she was furious of herself. She couldn't believe Ryder manipulated her. But what did she expect? That Ryder will suddenly turn into a nice guy and take the blame for her? Yeah right. That might happen when pigs started flying.

"It starts tomorrow until next Monday. You may go now." She dismissed her as Andrea made her way out. The hallway was lull and nobody was there anymore. There might be two or three students left but everyone went home already.

Andrea slung her backpack on her shoulders and made her way outside. She bowed her head hiding her face behind her dark brown hair. Tears sprung to her cheeks but she quickly wiped it with the back of her hand.

Ryder saw her and he jogged towards her. He heard her sniffling and the pang of guilt came back to his chest. "Hey." He said softly blocking her way.

Andrea rolled her eyes and shoved pass him. She didn't want to deal with him. At least, not now. 'Screw that stupid tradition!' She cursed inside her head. She was really pissed and the last thing she needed was Ryder bugging her.

"Don't be like that. C'mon!" Ryder said pulling her arm making her face him. He studied her face and her eyes were red and puffy probably from crying. Now, he felt like the biggest jerk in the world.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He murmured scratching the nape of his neck.

"I don't need your sorry. I need you to leave me alone." Andrea spat at him with so much determination.

"Unluckily, I can't do that. The tradition, remember?" Ryder reminded her.

"So what do you want to happen? You want me to get suspended? You want me to get expelled, huh?"

"I said I'm sorry already." Ryder sigh. "What's the big deal anyway? It's just a week of detention-"

"You don't get it do you?!" Andrea cut him off snapping at him. "Ryder, I need to get a scholarship to go college. How do you think they'll accept me if I have a week of detention? I need a clean record. Not everyone of us is as rich as you. Some of us needs to earn what we want. Unlike you, we can't just have whatever we want whenever we want it." She blurted out. She didn't even notice tears were pooling in her eyes until it slid down her cheek.

Ryder stared at her shocked. He had no idea that Andrea needed a scholarship. He didn't know that school meant so much for her. Now, he felt like digging a hole and burying himself in it. That was really selfish of him to do.

Andrea stared at him in furious but something in his eyes tells her that there was something bothering Ryder. She could have been mistaken but she could have sworn she saw hurt flashed through his eyes.

"I didn't know. Again, I'm sorry." Ryder apologized fidgeting his fingers together. "Don't worry, I'll tell Principal Fiddle it was my fault. In fact, I'll do that right now. See you." Ryder declared walking back to school.

Andrea was stunned frozen on her spot. She couldn't wrapped it around her head. Ryder Collins was going to tell the Principal the truth just to get her out of trouble. 'Okay, pigs must be flying now.' Andrea kidded in her head looking up to the sky.

'What just happened?' She thought as she watched Ryder walked back to school.