Chapter five

Chapter five

When the bell rang, Andrea couldn't be happier. Finally, she gets to go home and get out of school. It was Friday and Fridays are usually her 'chill day.' When she got home, she saw her parents all ready and dressed up and she remembered that they were going to a dinner party.

She completely forgot. She was really looking forward for 'chill day' but she guess that would have to wait. She put on a black, slick dress and put some light make-up. She wore the earrings with matching necklace that her mother gave to her and a pair of black stilettos. She made her hair curly letting it fall down her shoulders and when she was satisfied of what she looked, she put on her glasses.

She went downstairs seeing her parents sitting on the couch watching the news waiting for her. Her mother noticed her and she gaped at her.

"You look beautiful, honey." Her mother complimented approaching her.

Her father turned his head and when he saw how stunning she looked, he grinned at her. "You are a natural, sweetheart."

"Thanks." Andrea said blushing a little. She didn't expect the compliments so she was completely flattered.

"Shall we go? I don't want my boss to think I'm not punctual." Her dad said leading the way outside to their car. She sat at the back while her parents sat in the front.

She put on her seatbelt and took her phone out from her pocket. That was what was great about her dress, it had pockets. She plugged her earphones in her ears and listened to music.

About ten minutes later, the surroundings changed. Andrea stared outside the window as she took noticed of her surroundings. The houses they passed by looked expensive and huge. Everyone had there own backyards and almost every house had a pool. Everything was incredible, Andrea couldn't help but gaped.

She removed her earphones and started chatting with her dad. "Wow dad, your boss must be loaded." She commented still looking outside the window.

"Loaded is not even the word for it, sweetheart. He's a freaking billionaire. Or maybe even more than a billionaire." Her father chuckled turning to another street.

"I thought you're rich. I guess there's one person richer than you." Andrea snickered.

Her father's frown faded and looked at her daughter through the rear-view mirror. "Andrea, we're rich. You as well. You are a part of our family. Therefore, you're rich, and someday, you'll have all our belongings." His father informed her.

"Dad, you've done enough for me. Both you and mom took care and loved me and that's enough. Let me earn my own money this time. I don't like depending on you guys. You've done too much for me and I love you for that." She grinned patting her dad on the shoulder.

"Okay, you better stop now before I cry, honey." Her mom said wiping a tear that formed in her eyes.

"Aww mom. I love you."

"We love you too, Andrea." Her mother beamed looking over her shoulder to Andrea.

"Okay, we're here." Her father declared entering the huge gates. It was like entering the White House. Her father parked his car in front of the door. They all climbed out and Andrea smoothened her dress. A guy, probably in his mid-30's came out and took her father's car keys. He drove the car away to, which they assumed was, the parking lot.

Her father press the doorbell and a maid opened it. "Hello, sir, madams." She greeted bowing her head at each one of them. She opened the door widely as the three of them entered.

"I'll take your coats." She grinned taking their coats and putting them on the coat's rack.

Another maid entered and she guided them to the dinning room where John and Daphne were. Daphne was checking if everything was set while John was reading a book. When Daphne noticed them, she smiled and her eyes lit up.

"Hello." She greeted enthusiastically catching John's attention that their visitors were there. He stood up from his seat and shook James' hand.

"James, I'm glad you made it." John greeted him then his eyes landed on the the beautiful lady beside him. "And this might be your lovely wife."

"Good evening, sir, I'm Karen." Andrea's mother introduced shaking John's hand.

"I'm John and this is my wife, Daphne."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Karen smiled shaking Daphne's hand as well.

"You too." She grinned then her eyes landed on Andrea and she gasped. Her eyes lit up in excitement and pulled Andrea into a hug. Andrea was completely surprised by the gesture so she just patted her back awkwardly.

"You must be Andrea?" Daphne said pulling away from the hug. Andrea nodded her head as 'yes.' "I'm sorry if I surprised you with that hug. I just miss my daughter." She informed her sadly but kept her smile on.

"It's fine." Andrea beamed at her. John's smile faded hearing those words come out of Daphne's mouth. He didn't expect to hear them.

"Well, shall we start our dinner?" Daphne announced breaking the silence in the room. Everyone shuffled to their feet and sat around the table. John sat on the end of the table while James sat on his left, then Karen, and then Andrea. Daphne sat on the right side of John and the seat next to her was empty.

"Oh, by the way, sir, where's your son?" John asked eyeing the empty seat beside Daphne.

"My son? Oh right. He's probably late. He's always late. Right now, I want to apologize to you for his behaviour for the rest of the night. He can be... disrespectful... all the time." John explained as his jaw clenched just from thinking of his inconsiderable son.

"That's okay, sir. I mean, they're teenagers. What can we do?" James shrugged and chuckled at the same time.

"Right." John said joining in.

"So, Andrea?" Daphne started gazing at her. "How's school?" Everyone's eyes turned to her as she fidgeted her fingers under the table.

"Uh... School's fine. I'm actually trying to maintain my clean record so I can get some scholarships for university." She answered confidently.

"Wow, impressive." Daphne commented. "But I don't think you don't need to worry about getting a scholarship. I'm sure that your parents can pay your tuition fees. After all, your mother is a doctor and your father's an accountant."

"Yes, but I don't want to depend on my parents. I want to earn everything by myself. I'm not going to stay like a kid depending on their parents for the rest of their lives." Andrea stated looking around the table, especially at her parents.

"Wow, James. You did a good job on your daughter. I can tell that she'll have a great future and a long run in life." John complimented nodding at James.

"Thank you, sir. But I couldn't have done it without my wife here." He said putting an arm around Karen's shoulder.

"Of course." John smiled then turned to Andrea. "So, Andrea? What course are you planning to take in college."

"Well, I always wanted to be an accountant ever since I was a child."

"Oh, I see you want to take after your father's foot steps." He grinned nodding impressively. "I'm very impress of your daughter, James."

"Thank you. It's -" Before James could even finish his sentence, the front door slammed open and a voice boomed to the kitchen.

"I'M HOME!" A deep voice said that sounded so familiar to Andrea.

_______________________

A/N: This is a pretty long chapter...

Ooohhhh... Ryder, rude much? They're in the middle of discussing Andrea's future. Tsk tsk, you're dead to your dad... Dum, dum, dum!

Anyways... Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FAN!