Chapter forty-eight

A/N: I just finished writing the Epilogue! I'll be posting the rest of the chapters soon!

For now, happy reading :)

______________________

Chapter forty-eight

"Boss, everyone's ready. When do you want me to send them?" A faithful man who had been working for Jason for a very long time informed him.

"Not just quite yet. I need to make sure that everything goes exactly how I want it. I'll let Parks have a little more fun with that girl. But after that, make sure that he completely disappears." He ordered him.

"Yes, boss. You have my word." The guy said and left the office and Jason smirked mischievously. Andrew Parks was so easy to convinced that he was on his side. He didn't know what was about to come to him.  

~ * ~ * ~

"You okay?" Andrea asked Ryder as he slouched on the couch beside her. He was completely exhausted and it was the only two of them who were left in the living room. Everyone else went to their rooms and got some rest. It had been a very long day for everybody and Ryder just wanted to go to sleep but he knew he wouldn't be able to get some rest. 

Ryder sighed and closed his eyes. "Yeah, I finally got my mother to get some sleep. She had been crying the whole day." Ryder informed her and Andrea felt that tugging in her heart again. It was sympathy that she was feeling. She felt like she was oblige to do what Jason Alfonso had told her. If Rina came back, that meant that Ryder's parents would no longer be worried, their mom wouldn't have to cry herself to sleep and Ryder wouldn't be so exhausted. It would bring peace to their house.

"Aren't you tired? You should get some rest too." Ryder said snapping her out of her thoughts. He was now looking at her and she couldn't help but look away because she knew that Ryder could read pass through her. 

"Yeah, I'll just go get something to drink then I'll head to bed." She told him as he nodded his head and pulled her close to him.

"Okay, good night." He said as he kissed her forehead and he started making his way upstairs to his room. Andrea was staying with Katie and Lily in one of the guest rooms. She made her way to the kitchen to get some water. She took a sip of it and looked around to check her surroundings. Everyone was asleep and she knew it was safe to call.

She dialed back the private number that called her and he answered right away. "Have you decided yet?" He asked.

Andrea let out a sigh and swallowed. "I'll do it." She reluctantly answered and a smirk made its way on Jason's lips. 

"Great, I'll be seeing you tomorrow then. Just make sure you don't do anything stupid, Carson. Or else, Rina won't be making it out alive." He warned her.

"I won't, I'll see you tomorrow." She stated and hanged up the phone. It was completely dangerous to go with Jason, but if it was the only way to protect Ryder and bring peace to the Collins' Family, she was willing to do it. 

~ * ~ * ~ 

Rina had been curled up in bed for three days now. Different guys would come to her room to feed her but she wouldn't eat anything. She was being cautious, she was scared that Andrew would have put something in her food. Andrew was informed about her lack of eating so he decided to deliver the food himself. 

He entered the room only to find Rina fast asleep on the bed. He placed the tray on the bottom of the bed and he carefully caressed her cheek to wake her up. "Rina, Rina, wake up." He whispered as he shook her slightly. Rina stirred in her sleep and when she opened her eyes and saw Andrew, she was alert and her body instinctively pushed far away from him. 

Hurt flashed through his eyes but she didn't care. He was still the monster who had taken advantage of her and she was furious at him. "They told me you haven't eaten anything. Please Rina, please eat something." He begged pushing the tray close to her.

In cue, her stomach growled loudly and both of them stared at her tummy. She blushed furiously from embarrassment and Andrew pushed the tray closer to her. "Please eat, Rina. You're hungry and you need to eat." 

Rina stared at the food in front of her. It was fried rice and fried chicken with gravy on top. It looked absolutely delicious but she was still not sure if Andrew wasn't trying to poison her. "Do you not like it? I'll ask the maid to make you a new mean. What would you like?" He asked and Rina was relieved. That meant that her food wasn't poison if Andrew's maid made it and not himself. Right?

She was really starving so she decided to just forget about the whole poisoning idea and rapidly ate the food. Within the next five minutes, Rina had finished the whole plate and had drank the whole cup of orange juice. She felt like a savage eating so fast that she hardly even swallowed. 

Andrew smiled at her and it was a genuine one. Then Rina remembered how she used to love that smile. That smile that used to bring butterflies in her stomach, that smile that used to make her feel important, that smile that used to make her feel protected. But now, it was a smile that she was scared of. After what had happened, she couldn't bring herself to forgive him. 

"It's good that you ate, I was getting worried that you might get sick." He said solemnly. 

Suddenly, there was a loud commotion outside. Andrew's eyebrows furrowed and Rina was also curious on what was happening outside. "I'll be back." Andrew announced as he exit the door and tried to find out what was happening. 

"We're under attack, boss." Some guy yelled and Rina could hear him over the door. 

"What?! By whom?" Andrew screamed.

"I don't know, boss. We've never seen them before." 

"UGH! Go and get the car ready. I need to get Rina out of here." He ordered him and came back inside the room. Rina could hear the gun fires outside and she was completely terrified. However, could it possibly be the police? Were her family able to find her and save her? Andrew cursed a billion times as he opened a secret closet that had many weapons on it. He placed them around his body and made sure he was armed. Then he got the bullet proof vest and made his way to Rina.

"Come on, we gotta get out of here. Here, wear this." He commanded as he tossed the vest to him and Rina quickly wore it. Andrew pulled her by his side and slowly opened the door. The guy he was talking before came into the view and nodded his head. 

"Coast is clear." He quietly said as Andrew followed him and dragged Rina behind. Rina caught a glimpse of the fight and it sure weren't the police. No one was wearing a uniform or anything. They entered another room and then a secret tunnel behind a bookshelf. It seemed like they were going down forever until she saw a light at the end. When it came to her view, she saw that it was the back alley. A car was parked near by and the guy checked if the coast was clear before beckoning them to get out.

Andrew made sure that Rina was secured inside the car and shut the door closed. He was about to make his way to the passenger seat in the front but a gun fired and hit him on the chest. Rina saw it and she started crying and yelling Andrew's name. The guy in the driver seat got out and started shooting as well. Rina had never been so terrified in her life. She really thought that it was the end of her. 

She watched as the guy was also shot by the chest and fell on the ground. Then a man yanked the car door open and Rina tried punching him but he only placed a handkerchief on her nose and she slowly fell unconscious.