Chapter 1 (Updated)

*Chapter 1 (2017 Update)*

15 YEAR LATER

Alicia Diana Granger was at the Burrow with the Weasleys. Ever since her mother's death, Harry and Ginny took responsibility and raised her like their own. She has so many good memories here. 

Before the sun rose Alicia was already up on her feet, excited to start the day. She doubled check her luggage before breakfast and then another check an hour before they will depart the Burrow and on to King's Cross station and on the scarlet red Train heading to Scotland. 

Yes, this year she is going to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for her 5th year. 

This decision came to her after years of hearing stories about her mother's adventure in the historic castle. Every family dinner her aunts and uncles would reminisce their memories and adventures in their youth which mainly revolved around the castle. 

It was a complicated to transfer from school to school, but she stood firm on her decision, her stubbornness likely came from her mother's side. Harry and Ginny could see that and everybody could picture a strongly willed brunette fighting for her desires. Alicia was truly Hermione's daughter. 

"Alicia, come on, we don't want to be late." Ginny knocked on Alicia's bedroom door, but she was greeted with silence. "The train leaves at exactly 11 o'clock. We can't be late, dear." Ginny opened the door and saw Alicia sitting in front of the dresser, combing her long blond hair. Unlike her mother's untamed mane, Alicia's hair was far more manageable. 

There was no mistake. Ginny always thought that. This young girl was a resemblance of Hermione, from the sweet smile to Alicia's intelligence, there was no doubt. The only thing that linked Alicia to his father was her blond hair and gray eyes, but it was something they refused to say in front of the young witch. 

"My, you really do look like your mom," Ginny smiled weakly as she tucked Alicia's hair behind her ear. A single tear from Ginny's blue eyes made her feel the nostalgia of having Hermione near them. 

 Alicia saw this and smiled. She wiped Ginny's tear and hugged her beloved Aunt.  

''I know aunt Gin." She said softly.  "All the stories that you told me and the pictures that you showed me, it makes me miss her even I didn't get to spend much time with her," Alicia replied.

They stay tangled in a tight hug, enjoying each other's comfort. Harry came up to Alicia's room and saw his wife and niece in a tight hug.  He knew Ginny's feelings too well and Ginny knew his feelings and they can both agree that Alicia has filled that hole that Hermione left years ago.  

"Dad! It's almost eleven!" Harry heard his son James, shout from the first floor. 

"Come on girls, James is ready," Harry interrupted politely.

Ginny and Alicia jumped and turned to a chuckling Harry Potter standing in the doorway.

"I'm sorry, Harry, we'll be down in a moment," Ginny said and smiled at her husband.

"Okay, 3 minutes," Harry replied and closed the door.

Ginny pulled her wand out of her purse and levitated Alicia's luggage.

"Will Aunt Pansy and Uncle Blaise be there?" Alicia asked grabbed her coat and purse and wand from her bed. 

"Of course dear, it's Alexander's first year after all," Ginny informed and fixed Alicia's wrinkled coat. 

"Thank you, Aunt Gin." She thanked and proceeded to the door. 

"Alicia dear." Ginny spoke, stopping Alicia from exiting the room.  "there is something I've been meaning to give you for a long time now." Ginny said and pulled out a small box from her cloak and gave it to Alicia.

"What's this?" She said and opened the box. It was a silver necklace and it had a green gem that was being held by a snake figure.

"Aunt Gin, you shouldn't have,"  Alicia said admiring the necklace she had placed on her palm.

"It was from your mother's," Ginny said with a smiled. "She asked me to give it to you. It's actually in the box, the note." Ginny added and got the piece of paper in the secret pocket of the box. She handed it to Alicia to read.

Dear Gin,
Please, give this to my daughter as a gift from me.

Love ,
Mione
P.S I love you my lovely Alicia.

This was the first time she read something her mother written for her, and she noticed how closely her mother's penmanship was to hers. I love you my lovely Alicia. It made Alicia's heart swell, her mother loved her so much and even in her death she was thinking about her newly born daughter. 

 Hermione, look, Alicia is overjoyed she can't speak. Ginny thought and took the necklace from Alicia's palm and placed the necklace around Alicia's neck. 

"That necklace will help you feel her," said Ginny and hugged her goddaughter tight.

"Oh my, 3 minutes is over. Come on." Ginny added and grabbed Alicia's wrist. They ran down stairs and then, they apparate to King's Cross station, ready for Hogwarts. 

A/N: Yeey! This is an edited version of my daughter. Yes, this is me editing the story in 2017. Hope you guys enjoy. I'll try my best to edit all the chapters to give you a better reading experience.