Epilogue: The Final Chapter

“Alicia! Scorpius!” Hermione yelled from the kitchen as she was packing lunch for their weekly family bonding time.

 “Bloody hell Hermione, don’t need to shout.” Draco suddenly appeared from the living room with a brown basket clenched in his hand. “Good morning sweetheart.” Draco added and kissed Hermione on the cheek.

 “Well, we have to leave early.” Hermione smiled and stuffed the food in the basket.

 “Why is that?” Draco asked and grabbed a green apple from the fruit bowl in front of Hermione.

 “Hmm, because Mr. Malfoy the sun rays in the morning are healthy they are also vitamins for the skin.” Hermione said a matter of fact and giggled.

 “Know it all.” Draco whispered which made Hermione throw a cloth at him.

 “Whatever Malfoy.” Hermione said sarcastically and walked towards Draco’s towering figure. She tip toed and kissed Draco’s cheek. “At least I’m not bleached.” Hermione whispered in his ear and giggled like a mad man.

 “Oh it’s on Granger.” Draco said using her maiden name which caused Hermione to run around the kitchen with Draco chasing her from behind.

 Laughter filled their home as Draco chased Hermione around the kitchen. Finally he had caught up to her and lifted her up in the air. Hermione’s giggles were angelic and cheerful; no wonder Draco Malfoy fell in love with her. Draco placed Hermione on the floor and kissed her full on the lips. It was a kiss of true love, lot lust, but passion. It was true love. A kiss most people want to experience but only some could experience it.

 “Mum!” Scorpius suddenly shouted as he came in with the pet dog beside him.

 “Dad!” Alicia came with a book tucked in her hand.

 “Sorry kids.” Draco apologized and let go of Hermione.

 “Shall we go?” Hermione asked and grabbed the picnic basket from the counter.

 They all nodded and held out their hands. On the count of three they all apparated to a grassy meadow. Draco recalled that this was the meadow he had seen his dream. This place meant something to him and his family. He smiled at the sight of his family having fun and being together. It was really like what he saw in his dream, Alicia and Scorpius running around with the pet dog. He saw Hermione placing a blue blanket on the grassy ground.  He walked over to her and helped her. Hermione smiled at him and pulled out her wand. She cast a small spell so the blanket won’t get flown away by the wind.

 “Ah!!” Alicia screamed with joy as Scorpius chased her. Even they were 16 years old they still acted like children.

 Hermione and Draco watched them as they were leaning on the tree trunk. It was really beautiful to watch your family like that. The peace that it creates and the unity it makes. It was truly beautiful.

 “I love you Hermione.” Draco said and kissed Hermione’s head.