Chapter 9 (Updated)

*Chapter 9 (2017 Update)*

Christmas was just around the corner. Hogwarts was buzzing with excitement, especially the Great Hall. Students were enjoying their prolonged breakfast and saying their holiday greetings to their friends before the majority left for the train station.

Alicia, on the other hand, had finished breakfast an hour ago and was sitting in her favorite spot in the Slytherin's Common room enjoying a cup of tea. She claimed the armchair near the window as her reading spot ever since she started reading her mother's journal.

She heard many stories about her mother, but reading about it in her own words was a lot different from what Harry and Ron had told her. Especially, Ron, she recalled Ron telling her about his heroic acts throughout the years, but it seems it was her mother who did some of them. She couldn't wait to see Ron and expose him.

She had just finished her mother's narration of her fifth year in Hogwarts last night. It was by far her favorite part of her mother's Hogwarts journey. Except for the part where Professor Dolores Umbridge took over the school and turned it into a pink kitten castle filled with unnecessary rules.

As she read further and further she noticed that majority of her mother's writing mentioned her Potions Master, Draco Malfoy. It was especially during her first years at Hogwarts that Draco's name was mentioned. Alicia couldn't even imagine her Potions professor used to be so cruel, calling her mother the worst insult towards Muggleborns. But she remembered that era fought for the value of blood purity and those of lackluster blood or less remained to be below the hierarchy.

She was pleased with the equality forged after the Second Great Wizard War. To this day the discrimination of Halfbloods is considered to be a crime and can lead a wizard a one way ticket to Azkaban Prison.

"I see you haven't packed." Scorpius sat in the armchair next to Alicia.

"I decided to stay for the Holidays." Alicia closed her mother's journal and placed it on her lap. She smiled at Scorpius and noticed his trunk beside him. "I see you're going home for Christmas?"

Scorpius nodded. "Yes. I will spend it in France along with mother and father."

"That's wonderful Scrop." Alicia smiled. "Are you traveling along with Professor Malfoy?" She asked.

"Unfortunately, he has a few things to finish here before he goes to France." Scorpius explained, understanding that his father had priorities to finish before joining his family for the holidays.

"Don't worry about it. He'll be in France before you know it." Alicia placed her hand on Scorpius' shoulder assuring him of her words and hope.

The bell resonated around the castle. The bell signaled students to Assemble to the Entrance.

"I'll see you in 2 weeks." Scorpius pulled Alicia into a tight hug and placed a small kiss on her cheek which Alicia reciprocated.

Ever since the two became close their peers began to think that the two had much more than friendship, but every time the two would react they would fake vomit and deny such accusation.

"Happy Christmas, Scorp."

"Happy Christmas, Al."

After Alicia had said her best wishes to her friends she stayed in the common room to continue her mother's adventures. As she read her mother's sixth year at Hogwarts she noticed that the aura of the story became dark and ominous. She scrunched her eyebrows together as she read the passage.

December 15th

It has been an eventful week, to say the least. Ron has become the Keeper for the Gryffindor team. It was a miracle for him to win over Cormac McLaggen, who looked like he was born for the part.