Chapter 45 (Book 2)

“Are you this stupid, Singers?!” Narcissa exclaimed. Her pointing finger and her thumb were just a few inches from each other forming a gap.

 “I did what you asked me to do Narcissa.” James defended and crossed his arms on his chest. “I didn’t touch Draco and I had to blow up a whole train just to get you satisfied.” He added as a scowl appeared on his face.

 “Did you realize that killing Astoria would make things worse?” Narcissa said frustrated as her knuckles started to pale.

 “It was the best plan you know-“

 “HOW IN MERLINS WAS THAT THE BEST PLAN?!” Narcissa cut him off with her high pitched voice.

 “Astoria knew the secret and if she tells Hermione about it the more she and Draco will get back together.” James explained but it only made Narcissa want to yell at him because of his stupidity.

 “You’ve gone absolutely mental.” Narcissa muttered.

 “What?” James asked.

 “I said you just made things worse. You gave them both a reason to get back together!” Narcissa exclaimed and pointed a finger at James.

 “With Astoria gone, both of them will re unite and become a family. Didn’t you realize that?” Narcissa explained her eyes trying to convince him.

 James thought about what Narcissa said and he was surprised that she was right. How can he be so stupid to kill Astoria? His plan was just to silence her but he didn’t think of the other possibilities when he did it. He fell down on his arm chair and looked at the floor, he was convinced and he it was true that he was stupid, it was like a bold move gone the wrong path. Shit he murmured and faced palmed.

 “I won’t let Hermione reunite with that prat.” He said with Narcissa sending him a death glare.

 “My son maybe a prat Singers but he isn’t stupid.” She snapped and trying to warn him about what Draco is about to do.

 Astoria is still Draco’s wife meaning he would do everything to know what really happened. Astoria rode a muggle train and if he knew James’ henchmen ambushed the train then they would be in trouble. If the evidence pointed to James then James would have no trouble saying that Narcissa gave the orders.

 “Your want for Granger’s love is blinding you, you know?” Narcissa said crossing her arms on her chest and supporting herself on her black mohogamy desk.

“Damn it!” He said. His tone frustrated and angry. 

 Meanwhile in McLaggen Mansion, everyone in the home was wearing ear muffs to block out all the shouting and yells. Well, let’s say Hermione was lashing out on poor Draco. Before Astoria entered the train she sent a patronus saying Hermione wanted to talk to him. Draco apparated instantly to McLaggen manor.

 “Why didn’t you tell me?!” Hermione demanded and crossed her arms.