Chapter 13 (Updated)

*Chapter 13 (2019 Update)*

Draco had called upon a house elf to bring tea and pastries from the kitchen to the Common Room, seeing that they had come from the cold, the warmth of the common room fireplace was not enough to combat the lake’s low temperature.

They drank their tea in silence. Draco was still in the process of accepting Hermione’s death. Imagine fourteen years of ignorance! It was unacceptable. It made his stomach turn. He always thought she was happily burying her nose on a thick book near a fireplace or reading a book under a tree.

He drifted to the thought of the sweet girl curled up on the couch holding the cup of tea with both hands gripping the warm porcelain cup for her dear life. This sweet girl grew up without a mother by her side and what’s worse, she journeyed the world without evening knowing her father. It was a cruel upbringing for such an innocent girl.

If the young Granger was not around the common room would fall victim to his rage and eventually mending all the room before anyone caught wind of the aftermath of his outburst.

“What is that?” He asked noticed her fingers playing with a pendant.

Alicia turned to her Professor and smiled weakly. She placed her teacup on coffee table and slowly unlocked the necklace from her neck. She slowly placed it on her palm and watched the common room fire reflected through the silver.

“It was my mother’s,” Alicia started. She offered the necklace to Draco which he held his hand to reach for the small item. “Aunt Ginny gave it to me before the year started. It was my mom’s. She thought it was a good idea for me to hold on to it. It really did help. Overtime when I would get really anxious over a test I would just grip it with my hand and think about my mom.”

Draco unraveled the silver chain and let the green pendant dangle. It was an emerald pendant decorated with a silver snake surrounding the outer corner of the pendant. A faint bell was ringing in his head. The pendant slowly dangled and turned showing the engravings. His eyes widened. This small trinket that was in the possession of the young girl was a gift he gave Hermione all those years ago.

H&D

“I think it was from my father.” Alicia added.

Draco froze immediately.

“Did Ginny say it was?” Draco asked placing the pendant back on Alicia’s open palm.

“No, but Aunt Ginny said that this necklace was special to Mum.” Alicia answered.

Draco watched her try to lock the necklace around her neck, but struggled to lock it around her neck.

“Let me.” Draco offered.

Alicia smiled and handed the necklace to him. He placed the necklace around his neck he remembered the day he gave it to Hermione. It was exactly a year since their first date and he decided to give her something special, something to commemorate their first anniversary. The necklace was a sign that he would marry the witch and promise a life together.

“It’s beautiful, Draco.” He remembered Hermione’s sweet voice as she complemented his taste in jewelry.

No.” He smiled admiring the woman wearing the necklace. “It’s perfect.”