Chapter 5 (Updated)

*Chapter 5 (2017 Update)*

As the sun rose waking every slumbering creature living in the mountains of Scotland so did Alicia Granger. She woke from her peaceful slumber. She again dreamt of her mother telling her stories of her Hogwarts days, how bad she wanted it to be true, to be able to actually hear her mother's voice for the first time in years.

They say, you could never forget a person's face, how they move, and how they smell, but you can forget the sound of their voice. She heard her mother's voice when Harry presented her with a memory of Hermione in the pensive, but that was years ago. She can no longer remember her mother's voice, but she recalled it was sweet and caring.

Alicia took a few minutes to collect herself before moving her duvet to her side and sat on the edge of her bed. She turned to the window beside her bed and then to the beds around her. Her dorm mates must have returned when she was fast asleep last night.

She slowly moved around the room to locate her toiletries before retreating to the bathroom for a fresh morning bath. Upon entering the bathroom she had spotted fresh Slytherin robes sitting on the counter, each pile labeled with their names. She approached her robes and ran her fingers over the green and silver tie sitting beside the pile, she smiled on how smooth the cloth was on her thumb and how the colors complemented each other. Her eyes drifted to the robe where the Slytherin's symbol sat. She ran her fingers delicately on the embroidery and the events from last night came back to her.

"I sense your confusion." spoke the Sorting Hat, but Alicia remained in shock. "I sensed something within you that reminded me of your father."

"My father?"

When the Sorting Hat had mentioned her father she felt confused and uneasy. She knew that the topic about her father was taboo, but since she wasn't around Ginny, Harry or Ron it was openly welcomed to be discussed.

Alicia secured her silver tie around her neck and made the final adjustments, finally she secured the small button of her cloak. As she opened the bathroom door she heard muffled voices from the room. She assumed her dorm mates were already awake.

She opened the door and saw her dorm mates making their beds.

"Good Morning." Alicia greeted unsure about how she would greet her new dorm mates.

"Good Morning." A dark-haired girl returned the greeting with a small smile. Alicia returned the sweet smile.

"I apologize for taking so long," Alicia said shyly.

"No, it's okay. Trust me someone in this room takes longer." The girl laughed.

"I heard that Des!" Another girl huffed from the left side of the room.

"Sorry, sorry." The girl standing in front of Alicia chuckled. "I'm Destiny Woodwork." She introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you."

"Over there is Patricia Warfled." Destiny pointed at the girl who just reacted to her comment. "And this is Serenity Black." She gestured to the dark-haired girl who approached them.

"Black?" Alicia questioned as she shook Serenity's hand. "Are you by any chance related to Sirius Black?"

"I knew you would ask that." Serenity mused. "He's my great uncle. We're part of the Blacks who were disowned during the war."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know." Alicia said sadly.

"It's okay. That's all in the past now."

Alicia had spent the early morning sitting on her bed waiting for the girls to finish their own routines before heading down to the Great Hall for breakfast.