Chapter 11 Pt. 2 (Updated)

*Chapter 11 Pt. 2 (2017 Update)*

After Alicia placed the flowers near the stone she heard a thumb behind her. She turned around alarmed what had caused the thump. Her Potions Master was on his knees and in shock. She was about to ask him if he was alright, but she stopped herself when she saw his eyes were glued to the engraving on the stone.

She never saw her Professor this way. Draco's his cool grey eyes were filled with sadness, guilt, and anger, but what dominated was the anger on himself. His mind was foggy, but the memories of Hermione were as clear as day.

"Sh-She's dead?" Draco managed to utter under his lost voice.

"When I was born," Alicia started sadly. "Mum waited to give me a name and hold me before she gave up," Alicia explained remembering the story Ginny told her when she starting asking how her mother died.

It pained Ginny and everyone to relive that awful day, but to be able to tell the story to Hermione's only child was something beyond their emotional needs. Alicia needed to know.

"I can't blame her. She was starting to get weak and it certainly did not help when she found out she was pregnant. It was too late when the healers found out about her rare heart condition." Alicia ended and placed her hand on top of the gravestone.

Draco listened to Alicia's story and felt the sting in his eyes. He was crying. Draco Malfoy was crying.

"I never knew she was dead for 15 years," Draco admitted. He managed to regain his movement and tried to stop the tears from flowing any further. "I was never aware. Shortly after Scorpius was born we immediately traveled to Maldives for a new start."

"Uncle Harry wanted mum's passing to be respected and out of papers. It was kept by family and friends before they released a statement a month after she was buried."

"Why wasn't I informed? I received different news from home when we were in Maldives, but about a war heroine dying never passed through." He questioned.

"I do not know the answer to that, sir," Alicia commented, but an idea popped into her head. "But if I may be bold, sir. I heard stories about you and I am aware of your past. Uncle Harry and Uncle Ron hated you and so did mum. You called them names and.." Alicia trailed off. She was unsure whether to even speak of the word in front of him.

"And?" Draco questioned curiously about her discovery about him.

"Nothing sir." Alicia hesitated.

"Alicia," Draco started placing a hand on her shoulder. "you can tell me anything. I won't get mad. My past is my past and I can handle it." Draco assured his student.

Alicia was still hesitant, but she knew that Draco wouldn't stop until he knew what she had been holding back to mention. She took a deep breath and spoke.

"A Death Eater," Alicia finished softly and carefully not wanting to offend him further.

Draco stepped back upon her words. "I was." He admitted. "Those dark days are now behind me. It was my past and because of that, I managed to grow beyond that spoiled kid who only cared about blood purity and wealth. I learned my lesson the hard way. It may be hard, but it brought me to where I am now. I'm happy."

He was lying. He wasn't entirely happy. He was only partly happy. Yes, he was happy with his family, with Scorpius and Astoria, but he knew that only one thing brought him true happiness and now that happiness was 6 feet under the ground.

He was stupid, he was a dumbass. He let himself drown in old traditions and decades-old promise. The promise of marriage within pureblood families was impossible to fight. If refused then Draco and Astoria would have become barren and unable to produce an heir, therefore ending both bloodlines unless there are more heirs in their generation. Astoria had Daphne, but Draco was an only child. He had no choice.