Chapter 4 (Updated)

*Chapter 4 (2017 Update)*

All her attempts to keep her smile, mingle and eat had been long gone once Scorpius' friends decided to talk about their summers with their families and their latest trip to the Quidditch World Cup. She badly wanted to change the topic to keep her composure, but she couldn't deny that the smiles and laughter of her fellow peers made her feel warm. Changing the topic would only be beneficial to her at this point.

She was used to all the family conversation back in Dumstrang, but being in a new environment brought out old emotions. It was those emotions that kept all her willpower to suppress.

No one did notice that she had turned silent. The group was in a deep debate on the best Quidditch team and broomstick editions.

"I've read it in the magazine!" The brunette boy sitting across Scorpius insisted. "The latest Nimbus has the speed and it is silent, it makes a perfect seeker's broom." He explained.

"Don't be stupid, Klein." Scorpius huffed, challenging his friend's opinion. "The Nimbus may have the speed and the inaudible fly, but the Firebolt can take sharp turns. The Nimbus has no match in flexibility!" Scorpius argued which everyone in the conversation agreed.

"You're in a tight corner, Klein." The dark haired girl sitting beside Scorpius laughed.

Klein Hampton proceeded to argue on the matter. He kept on insisting that the latest Nimbus should be a seeker's best friend and not a Firebolt. The group had already reached a conclusion and it has left the group in two even sides.

"I say a tie breaker!" Klein proposed.

"Whatever you say, mate." Scorpius chuckled before taking a drink of his pumpkin juice.

"Alicia," Klein called.

Everyone had turned to Alicia, but her mind was flying elsewhere she didn't even hear Klein call her name.

Scorpius nudged her elbow gently, bring her mind back to reality. She turned to Scorpius then turned to the people who were now staring at her.

"How about it, Alicia?" Klein asked, but was only greeted by her confused look.

"I'm sorry, my mind was elsewhere." She apologized. "What are you we talking about?"

"Nimbus or Firebolt?" Klein posed.

"Where are we basing it, exactly?" Alicia questioned.

"Klein, she doesn't know what you're saying." Claudia snickered mockingly.

"Claudia!" Scorpius scolded. "That's rude."

"I highly doubt that, Clau. Look at that." Klein pointed at Alicia's wrist. "That is a limited edition 2011 Holyhead Harpies claw bracelet, only those who were chosen by the players personally have them."

"No way!" Claudia screeched.

"Back to our tie breaker. We are basing it from a seeker's tool."

"Obviously a Firebolt," Alicia said confidently. "The Nimbus is a silent flyer and the speed is faster compared to the last edition, but it is best used for Chasers as for the element of surprise. As for the Firebolt, it is spectacular for sharp turns, speed, and precision. You could fly an even higher altitude without worrying about the wind taking control. Since the snitch is a sneaky little bugger and flies in the most unexpected directions, I'd say the Firebolt has its chances to catch it. Speed is not everything after all."

After Alicia had shared her theory the table remained in awe. What she had theorized had convinced the remaining group who sided with Klein's Nimbus argument had sided with Scorpius.