Chapter 52 (Book 2)

“Sectumsempra!”  The last words that the victims heard before James Singers fell on the floor bleeding.

Draco and Narcissa were surprised. They lowered their wands and looked at each other.  No one spoke on who cast the spell. Hermione was weak and still being supported by Alicia and Scorpius. There was no way one of them could cast the spell or even raise a wand.

“Is everyone okay?” Draco asked as he was catching his breath.

“Yes, but mum is still weak.” Scorpius announced. Draco and Alicia looked surprise with his choice of words. Scorpius just called Hermione his mother.

“Here let me.” Draco stuffed his wand in his pocket and help Scorpius carry Hermione. He scooped her up and looked at the fragile body.

“We have to take her to St. Mungo’s immediately” Lucius Malfoy appeared along with Ministry officials, Harry Potter and Ron behind him. It was him who cast the spell.

They all agreed and collected themselves. Lucius immediately went to a weakened Narcissa, Scorpius helps his sister walk since Alicia had sprained her ankle during the sprint and finally Draco was carrying a dying Hermione.

The hit in Hermione’s head had affected her greatly. Even she was a witch she was still human, meaning physical pain can still affect her. Hermione was growing paler and paler by the minute, not only was blood loosing but also her consciousness.

“We’ll take over here.” Harry said to Draco and placed a comforting hand on Draco’s shoulder.

“Thank you Harry.” Draco thanked.  “Come on family let’s go.” He announced.

The Malfoys gathered in a circle and quickly apparated to St. Mungo’s. Once they had landed on the stone floor of the hospital Draco screamed for someone to help them. Healers had arrived and tended to Hermione. She was getting weaker by the second; something might have been hit on her head to cause such an effect on her whole body. Alicia and Scorpius were crying since they didn’t know if Hermione would survive.

“Hang in there Hermione.” Draco whispered as they were pushing Hermione’s bed to the emergency room. He held her hand asking her to fight.

“D-Draco, t-take care of t-them. I-I love you” Hermione managed to speak before closing her eyes.

“NO! HERMIONE STAY WITH ME!” Draco shouted, his tears pouring down his cheek. His hand holding Hermione’s hand tightly.

“MUM! Stay with us please.” Alicia pleaded.

“I’m sorry but we can’t let you in the healing room.” Said one healer that blocked them from following Hermione.

“Why the bloody Hell Not?!” Scorpius shouted his voice demanding like his father.

The healer ignored them and followed the others to the healing room. This was St. Mungo’s meaning there is nothing to worry about, potions will cure everything. But the deep down they knew St. Mungo’s can’t cure everything. Thinking positive wasn’t enough to save Hermione they needed to be together for Hermione to fight.