Chapter 2 (Updated)

*Chapter 2 (2017 Update)*

As the clock struck eleven, the Hogwarts Express started to exit its platform. The parents of the young witches and wizards gave their last farewell for the season. Each parent knew that their home would not be the same without their growing children to fill.  It was a bittersweet moment. 

As then the train left the station the students had already found their respective compartments and seats for the long journey back to Hogwarts. 

Alicia was alone in a compartment near the end of the train, she wasn't complaining about the lack of company in the room, rather she quite enjoyed the solitude of the tiny compartment. She placed her elbow on the window panel and admired the change of sceneries as the train went. It was calming and refreshing. It was her first time traveling by land to get to school and not by water. It was a relief to her since her sea legs weren't always in her favor back in Sweden.  Let's just say she tries to eat less when they were heading back to Dumstrang.

As she passed a specific scenery she was reminded of the book that was waiting to be read inside her purse. She pulled out the small book and settled on her previous seat. She began to read where she left off last night before bed. Minutes passed since she had continued reading the book when the compartment door slide open, startling her and causing the book to fall on the floor. 

"Sorry about that." Alicia looked up and saw a young boy, about her age standing in front of the compartment door. 

 "It's quite alright, you just startled me," Alicia spoke, but she was still studying the lad. 

"I truly apologize. I didn't see some in here. This compartment is always empty." He explained confidently. "is this seat taken?" The boy asked, pointing at the empty seat across Alicia. 

"No." She simply replied. 

"May I?" He asked politely. 

"Of course not, there's plenty of room," Alicia said and put the book on her lap. She watched the boy sit across her and looked at her.

"I'm sure introductions are far over due." He chuckled extending his pale hand. "I'm Scorpius Malfoy." He introduced with confidence to match his expensive black tailor suit. 

"Alicia Granger." She replied shaking his hand. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Alicia. If I may," He started. "You're far too old to be a first year." 

He has been in Hogwarts for four years and never in his years in the castle has he ever seen her. 

"Oh. I am new, but I am not a first year." Alicia giggled. "I am entering as a 5th year. I spent my previous years in Dumstrang. 

Scorpius understood and continued to question her. After he asks a question Alicia would answer and ask another question. It was a pleasant conversation between two newly found friends. 

"Scorpuis," 

"Yes?" 

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you say that this compartment is always empty?" Alicia questioned. She knows that all compartments were supposed to be full, but why is this compartment untouched. 

"No one really likes this end of the train. It's far from the loo and the trolly lady hardly goes here, so in short, it is the worst seat in the whole train." Scorpius explained, recalling all the complaints about this lowly compartment.

"That's dreadful, even for a compartment." She gasped. "From this day forth this compartment will be my own private compartment. It's quiet and I like it." She declared her resolved and placed her hand on the plush seat.