Chapter 48 (Book 2)

“Are you planning on drowning yourself?”  Draco instantly jumped off the shower with the sound of a familiar voice from inside the bathroom.

 Draco grabbed the towel and wrapped it around his waist. He just heard a voice from inside his bathroom and the voice was the voice he thought he would never hear again.

 “A-astoria?” He asked his voice terrified.

 “’Tis me!” Astoria giggled, she was sitting on the counter her legs crossed and her arms folded.

 Draco looked at Astoria and thought to himself as crazy, maybe an all nighter wasn’t a good idea. He was seeing things and now he was seeing Astoria alive and well, sitting on the bathroom counter with white clothes. Or maybe this was just some sick joke.

 “If this is a joke it isn’t funny.” Draco hissed and ran his hand over his wet locks.

 “Do you really think it’s a joke?” Astoria asked and jumped off the counter her feet landing on the floor like a feather.

 “Yes it is.” Draco replied seriously and placed his hands on his hips.

 “I am your wife; do you think I’m lying?” She asked her voice turning firm and angry.

 “Yes you are.” Replied Draco as he grabbed his aftershave from the medicine cabinet.

 “How dare you say I am lying to you?” Astoria fumed; you could see her face turn red and steam coming out from her nose and ears.

 “Because-YOU’RE DEAD!” Draco lashed out causing Astoria to take one step back.

 It was the first time Draco lashed out on Astoria dead or alive. His features softened when he saw Astoria’s blue eyes widen with fear. He stepped back too and reached for the door, he closed the bathroom door making sure the Astoria he saw was the real deal or some hallucination his mind made from the all nighters and stress.

 “She’s gone.” He said to himself when he opened the bathroom door and saw no one was there. 

“I must be losing my mind.” He said and placed his hand over his head. “Yeah, that might be it.”

 He dressed himself into a black shirt and black dress pants; he wasn’t in the mood to dress fancy for a wake. He fixed his black shirt and ran a comb over his wet hair. Even he was looking depressed he still looked good. He soft sigh escaped his lips and grabbed his wand from the night stand.

 As he exited his room he passed the painting and pictures of him and Astoria, from their wedding to the present. He stopped in front of a particular portrait of him and Astoria. The photo was taken before the Hogwarts Semester started, before the down fall of his family took place.

 His eyes roamed around the four corners of the picture. It was perfect, the family was perfect, everything was fine, everything was perfect. But every perfect thing was destroyed with one selfish mistake he did a long time ago. The portrait of the three of them hung there on the wall surrounded by other family paintings. The smile that was captured in the photo was perfect and happy but he had to admit to himself that he wasn’t looking that happy in the photo. You could see his smile and the happiness in his eyes but the twinkle of real happiness wasn’t present. Either he was just forcing himself to be happy or was it the fact he really lost his real happiness.