Chapter 24 (Updated)

A/N: Before you start, I'd like our past readers to know that this chapter is longer than the original one, meaning, I have added some contexts to fit the future updates. Please stay tuned in for those. 

For our new readers, welcome. Please don't get confused with the flow of the story. The outcome is the same but for future updates, I will still be adding some things to improve the story. I'm just having a hard time putting my ideas into words so it's taking a while to update each chapter. 

Before I forget, I want to thank everyone who left a comment, voted, and gave support. I appreciate you guys so much. This story is alive because of you. Thank you. Maraming Salamat!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to leave me a message. Enjoy the chapter! Much love!

(05292022) 

Chapter 24 *2022 Update*

It was already past midnight when Draco finally emerged from the fireplace of his Hogwarts quarters. With a heavy sigh, he threw his coat on the armchair and flopped his body on the couch. He covered his eyes with his right arm trying to have a moment of peace. Only a day had gone by but it felt like his body had gone through a week's worth of stress.

Earlier that day he was called by one of the Malfoy elves. Seeing a Malfoy elf at Hogwarts only meant one thing. The Malfoy matriarch needed his presence immediately. Although his career ventured into the field of research and academia, he still had a hand in their family office assets. Thus, his mother requested his presence immediately to discuss a matter concerning their family office assets. Wealth must be preserved after all.

Recently, their oldest asset was slowly being bought off from right under their noses. It wasn't until Lucius was going through the records that he found out that one company had bought almost 40% of its stocks. It alarmed him to see that one company could quickly buy a large amount. He had called his wife to discuss the sudden change in favor of the company. They still have 50% and the remaining 10% was divided into two stockholders.

"Who bought the stocks, dear?" Narcissa inquired trying to hide the panic in her tone. It happened so suddenly that she had not received word or rumors.

"We need to find out. We still have 50%." Lucius replied trying to ease his wife's panicked state.

Lucius called one of his lawyers and asked to investigate who owned the 40%. The next day they had found out that a private equity firm was behind it all. What's worse was the company was a subsidiary of the McLaggen Group. They had a reputation for buying or being partners of the biggest companies in the world. They were inside every industry. They managed to do friendly acquisitions but they also had a reputation for hostile takeovers.

"The McLaggen Group?" Narcissa questioned. Lucius only nodded.

"I've heard of them years ago. I believe Draco went to school with the chairman. Sadly, he has passed." Lucius informed her.

"To buy 40% instantly is alarming, Lucius. What's worse is this is the Malfoy wealth. To be at par with someone is unimaginable. We should call Draco and the board of directors."

"I believe so. This is happening quickly so we must act before we lose control of the whole company. This is the one thing we cannot lose."

This is all giving Draco a pounding headache. This was the last thing he wanted to think about. His problems were starting to pile up and he couldn't keep up. The recent assumption that Alicia could be his child was keeping him awake and therefore unable to concentrate on certain matters. What puzzled him was the timeline of it all. Intimately, he was sure that he had been with Astoria before they were even married. In his memory, it was under the influence of several bottles of fire whiskey and a few bottles of unknown alcohol from another country during a party. He might need to check his memories to be certain.