Chapter 12 (Updated)

A/N: Okay, I did promise to finish the whole book by the end of 2017, but I didn't so I am really sorry guys. By the way, I was watching The Flash season 3 and realized that Julian Albert (Tom Felton) also found the stone in India! I swear I just realized it just now. Anyway,  here you go! 

*Chapter 12 (2018 Update)*

"Mum fancied you, didn't she?" Alicia asked, brining Draco's frown into a smile.

Flashback

Hogwarts, 1998

"Granger!" Draco called out in frustration. "Would you stop writing on that bloody journal of yours and help with OUR report!" He cried noticing Hermione Granger sitting quietly beside him with no care in the world except her leather bound journal.

Instead of losing her temper Hermione laughed at a frustrated blonde.

"Oh Malfoy." Hermione called. "We had an agreement. I finish the first half and you do the next half. Rules are rules. I did my part and therefore, I have the freedom to do anything I want." The witch pointed out with a slight chuckle which he only scowled at.

Draco noticed the light aura Hermione was emitting that day and couldn't help, but get more irritated. He was racking his brain to write a great report and here Hermione was busy writing on her journal. There was no doubt her finished work was beyond exceptional, but Draco expected a hand from the know-it-all witch.

"If someone hadn't been snogging Pansy Parkinson for the last three days then they could have finished it earlier." Hermione mocked as she was collecting her notebooks from the table and placing it neatly inside her bag.

"Oh." Draco smirked upon hearing a shift in his partner's tone. "Is someone jealous?"

Hermione stopped and her light suddenly became dim. She looked at Malfoy to challenge his accusation, but was only greeted by a smirking Malfoy inches from her face. She fought hard not to blush at the sudden closeness.

"Oh please, Malfoy." She returned the smirk. "I assure you that I nor anyone would be jealous of your recent exploits."

Draco became silent staring at the witch's brown eyes. This was the first time he ever saw them up close and there was no denial that her eyes were soft and reminded him of smooth chocolates.

Hermione noticed his lack of comeback and decided that she had won this small argument. She back away and slung her bag on her shoulder and left the blonde on the table.

"I will win next time, Granger. Just you wait."

End Flashback

It was that very day he started to plan his way to break Hermione Granger's thick walls.

"Uncle Blaise! Aunt Pansy!" Alicia squealed at the sight of the couple approaching.

Alicia ran towards the couple and quickly wrapping her arms around them. Pansy and Blaise smiled warmly at their god daughter. She had grown so much since the last they saw her on Platform 9 ¾.

Draco watched the scene unfold. It has been years since he last saw his friends. But he did recall Blaise and Pansy attending his wedding.

Blaise was his best man and Pansy was one of Astoria's bridesmaids. Pansy was furious when she received the invitation. Draco Malfoy had the audacity to invite them after the recent events that caused a rift on their friendship, but nonetheless since they were all childhood friends and because of their family connection they had no choice but to attend.

Pansy placed a tender kiss on Alicia's forehead. Every time she looks at Alicia she would recall Hermione's pained features when they would mention a certain blonde.

"I'm so happy you're here!" The girl squealed in excitement and pulled them towards the bench.

"Slow down, sweetie." Pansy laughed at her overzealous god daughter.

"I brought someone with me to visit mum!" Alicia explained as she pulled her godparents.

Despite the couple having the urge to hex Draco on the spot, they couldn't do it, not in front of the sweet girl at least.

"Professor, I would like to introduce you to my godparents, Blaise and Pansy Zabini." Alicia introduced.

"There is no need for introductions my dear." Pansy said flatly. She tried to hide her venomous tone, but Draco Malfoy knew her too well not to notice.

"Draco." Blaise acknowledged with a stiff nod.

"Of course, of course." Alicia realized. "I recall Scorpius mentioning Professor's friends back in the day."

"Yes, back in the day." Pansy said bitterly making Draco stare at his childhood friend.

Despite the tension felt within the three Slytherin Alumnus, Alicia's smile made the tension disappear even for a little while.

Pansy stepped forward and placed the bouquet of flowers on the gravestone next to Alicia's flowers. 14 years and she still felt Hermione's sadness, how could she not forget when she the pregnant witch spent her first first trimester on her guest bedroom in her flat in muggle London.

Silencing Charm or not she could hear still hear Hermione's tears from across the flat. No matter how hard Hermione tried to hide it people who knew her can see past her facade, but no one dared to speak of it.

Pansy shot Draco a glare, but her features instantly softened upon noticing the sadness in Draco's eyes. Just like Hermione, she knew Draco too well, she knew all of his weakness, his strengths and his deepest secrets.

Draco knew how Pansy and Blaise despise his actions all those years ago, but what could he have done? The Malfoy name was in danger. If he wasn't under a blood oath he could have easily left and married Hermione.

"Pansy, darling."

It was Blaise who spoke noticing his wife's silence. He cleared his throat when it was not enough to snap his wife out of her flashbacks.

"We have to meet Alexander at Diagon Alley. He might leave without us, you know how impatient that boy gets." Blaise added with a small chuckle.

"I wonder where he got that from." Pansy laughed which also set off Alicia's laughter and surprisingly Draco joined in as well.

"Will I see you before the year ends?" Alicia asked after she released her Godmother from a warm embrace.

"I am not entirely sure, darling, rest assure after we'll see you before school starts." Pansy assured the young Slytherin.

....

Draco and Alicia were standing near the fountain in Godrick's Hallow, ready to apparate back to Hogwarts. He held out his arm for Alicia to take and just a snap of a finger they had already disapparated from the charming village.

Upon landing on the fine carpets of the Slytherin's Common room, Alicia immediately took the armchair and tried to regain her equilibrium. She might like flying, but apparating was something she hated to do, until absolutely necessary and preferably in a life or death situation.

"I'm glad that you were able to come with me Professor." Alicia smiled at Draco who was now sitting on the armchair next to her.

"It was my pleasure, but it is still a shock." Draco admitted sadly. The pain of seeing Hermione's grave came rushing back.

"It's ironic isn't it?" A portrait from them common room spoke which Draco and Alicia acknowledged. "A Great War Heroine and a powerful witch triumphed over the Dark Lord taken by something so mundane."