Chapter 16 (Updated)

*Chapter 16 (2020 Update) *

Hi! I hope you guys are healthy and well. I want to clarify something before going into the chapter. My Daughter was written in 2011 or 2012 before the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child so the events and how the characters act in My Daughter may differ from The Cursed Child. This is fanfiction after all. Before I forget, I want to thank you all for the support and the comments. You guys are the best! I love you all! Stay safe and healthy.

Astoria Greengrass. What's not to know about her or her family? Her family was part of the oldest pureblood families in Britain, The Sacred Twenty-Eight as they called it. Despite being raised in a pureblood family that supported Pureblood supremacy, Astoria, and her older sister, Daphne didn't embody the belief. After their family's fall from grace during the Second Wizarding War they worked hard to restore their honor and prestige in the wizarding society.

Shortly after graduating from Hogwarts, Astoria apprenticed as a photographer and writer at Witch Weekly, much to her mother's dismay. She quickly rose through the ranks and eventually became the Creative Director. While working for Witch Weekly she along with her sister started multiple charities. Her first charity was centered around helping orphaned children and those who suffered from the effects of the war. The charities she and her sister started they had made a huge impact on the recovery of their world. As far as I can say they are clear.

- A report on Astoria Greengrass submitted by a Ministry Auror.

Addendum: Astoria's Betrothal

It was hardly a surprise to hear about her engagement. She is every man's dream. Although her betrothed is kept under the media's radar I have heard rumors on who it is. I suspect in a week's time Witch Weekly and the Daily Prophet will reveal that the Malfoy Heir is engaged to her. On that note, during my usual checks on Draco Malfoy, which will be on a separate and detailed file, it showed that the young Malfoy has been close with the war heroine, Hermione Granger. Some witnesses also say that the two are more intimate. Something doesn't feel right here. She along with a few recruits are overseas to train

Addendum: Investigation on how Miss Greengrass met Draco Malfoy

Upon further research, the couple reconnected during one of the Greengrass sisters' Charity Balls. Those who witnessed their exchange describe it as two friends catching up. There were no romantic interactions between them. Reports only describe it as an interaction between two friends. During the ball, Draco Malfoy gave a portion of their family vault to their cause. I managed to find a copy of the transaction. His donation amounted to four Million Galleons. A generous offer indeed.

Several weeks after they announced their engagement.

Addendum: Continuation of the investigation on the sudden betrothal of Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass

As I continued the investigation, I stumbled upon an old document in the Ministry Archives. Originally, the document stated that the eldest daughter of the Greengrass family is to be wed to the eldest Malfoy male a year after their Hogwarts Graduation. Daphne Greengrass was supposed to marry Draco Malfoy but it seems both sides of the party have agreed to annul the agreement in favor of Astoria's marriage to Draco Malfoy.

CONCLUSION: This is my last report on the matter. All the documents, photographs, and other materials have been verified and sealed. The Greengrasses are given the All Clear. They are no longer under any Ministry Investigation, suspicion on illicit activities, and dark magic association.

A PAGE FROM THE AUROR'S DIARY FOUND IN THIS HOME AFTER HE WAS FOUND DEAD.

I might have been found out. I have been given orders to halt this investigation. Someone is influencing the Auror Department. I don't have much time. Something is not right. Something is off. The news on the Greengrass Patriarch has shaken our world. Someone is in Azkaban for a crime they did not commit. How do I know? I'm starting to connect the dots. I need more time.