Chapter 18 (Updated)

*Chapter 18 (2020 Update) *

Alicia Granger woke up surprisingly early on Christmas Day. The events from last night had her feeling a bit anxious. It hadn't dawned on her that yesterday's photo shoot was for a magazine cover Astoria had been working on. It was only when they were at dinner that she was informed of the plan. There was a plan for Astoria to launch a teen fashion magazine in the coming year. The clothes Alicia had worn were from a famous brand, M&L. They were also launching a teen clothing line. It was a perfect opportunity to market the collection.

After taking a shower and putting on her favorite brown jumper that Mrs. Weasley had given her a few Christmas ago. She paired it with her warm leggings and fuzzy socks. Since it was just around six in the morning she decided to wear something more comfortable. She would later change into an appropriate outfit if need be when Jewel fetches her for Christmas morning rituals.

When she exited the bathroom she was surprised to see a pile of presents sitting on the foot of her bed and an elf slowly arranging them by size.

"Hello." She greeted the small elf.

"Ah. Miss!" The tiny elf jumped not expecting to be seen by the young guest. "Rinky is sorry for intruding. The elder has ordered Rinky to send this to Miss Alicia's room."

"It's alright." Alicia smiled. "Thank you for bringing them, Rinky."

"Rinky also bought tea and something to eat." Rinky hopped on the reading nook and pointed at the tray filled with a variety of food. It was like an all in one mini breakfast tray. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, blueberries, hot tea, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

This is more than something. Alicia thought.

"Does Miss not like?" Rinky's eyes showed panic and his ears started to droop down.

"No-ah-I mean, I like it. It's wonderful, Rinky. It seems I spaced out. I am indeed hungry." Alica immediately said not wanting to upset the little hard worker. Rinky's ears pointed back and a smile appeared.

"Rinky must leave now. Does Miss need anything else?"

"Is everyone still asleep?" She asked.

"Only elder and elves are awake," Rinky answered. "But everyone will be awake in a little while."

"Alright. Thank you, Rinky. Happy Christmas." Alicia patted his head which the little elf did not expect. His smile widened. He wasn't used to this kind of affection. He was treated well since he was born but this was so different.

"Happy Christmas Miss." With that, he left the room.

Alica took a sip from the tea enjoying the warmth. She approached the presents and crouched down to read a few cards. She had gifts from Harry, Ginny, Pansy, Blaise, Mrs. Weasley, and from a few others. She picked up a stack of letters and placed them on the reading nook near the window. She drew her curtains and opened the window letting the cold breeze enter the room. The fireplace was still lit up so the room still remained warm despite the opened window. The first letter was from Destiny.

Happy Christmas, Alicia!

I heard you're spending the holidays with Scorpius and his family. I'm pretty sure Claudia is tearing her locks off. I just wanted to see how you were doing. I hope they're treating you well. I can't wait to see you back at Hogwarts. By the way, I received your gift last night and I may or may not have opened it in advance seeing you bought it in PARIS. I love it. It's perfect. Thank you. I hope you love my present as well. See you soon!

With love,

Destiny

Alicia had decided to give her best friend a skincare set she found in a small boutique. It wasn't anything fancy but it was perfect for her friend. She also bought the same items for her roommates but added something different for each one. For Destiny, the other item was an earring with small white flowers adorned the golden hoop. It was perfect for the fashionable Destiny.