Who Am I Now? Part 1

This is a slightly different take on the X-Men Evolution episode Rogue Recruit. Something I wrote a while back. This story has around 40 chapters, but no real end to it. It asks the question, "What if if Rogue never joined the X-Men?" So this story is all twisted around from the original cartoon, many shocking surprises and a few original characters in the mix. Hope you enjoy.

The song I used for this part is Push It by Garbage.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to go out tonight," Irene said, as Rogue grabbed her black leather jacket ready to leave the house. "What if something happens?"

"Aunt Irene, stop worryin'," Rogue said as she heard a honk outside in the driveway. "Ah'll be careful, and besides it's just a party. What could happen?"

"Alright, honey, but be back by curfew," Irene said, giving the girl a hug.

"See ya later," she said as she left the house.

"Hey, Rogue!" a dark-haired girl in a dark blue mini skirt and metallic silver top called from the car.

"Hey, Tara," Rogue called back, walking swiftly to the car. Tara opened the backseat door for her.

"Nice outfit," she said, eying Rogue's black leather mini skirt and black cotton top with string straps. "Who says Goths aren't hot."

"Cut it out, Tara," Rogue said rolling her eyes. Tara's boyfriend Bruno was driving. His long black hair, obviously dyed was tied back in the ponytail. "Are we gonna sit here all day admirin' Aunt Irene's daisies?"

"Hell, no," Bruno said as he slammed on the gas. Tara cranked up the volume, the song Push It by Garbage was blasting through the speakers.

"Time to party," Tara yelled out the window as they sped off in the car. Rogue looked back at the house to see Irene standing on the porch, a concerned look on her face.

 Rogue looked back at the house to see Irene standing on the porch, a concerned look on her face

Note: Here's a picture of Tara and Bruno, my own original characters. 

Rogue's expression took a more serious note, remembering all the things she and Irene had discussed over the last few years. She knew she was born different, special. That's what her mother had always told her, and that one day she would have great power. To her, it seemed like a mere fairytale, some story that her mother and Aunt Irene made up.