Defending a Girl's Honor: Part 3

Once Rogue left a big smile came to Fred's face. He cracked his knuckles several times before walking over to the tied-up Pietro. The speedster looked terrified as Fred came towards him.

"Come on, Freddie, don't do anything rash. You know I was only foolin'," Pietro said but it didn't look like Fred was buying it.

"Yeah, right," he said and made a fist and punched him in the face. It was only tap, but a tap from the Blob would make him feel like he had been hit by a semi. Pietro screamed out in pain, to the point that he was almost crying. "That was for Rogue."

"Hey, she don't need you defending her, Blob boy, not after..."

"As far as I'm concerned, she took it easy on you, but I won't," Fred said and raised his fist to hit him again.

"Wait!" Pietro shouted. "I know why you're doing this, Freddie boy." He chuckled after his last word. "You don't like her dating that X-Man, and I know why. You want her for yourself." Fred lowered his fist until his arm hung limp at his side. "Admit is Freddie. You want her." Pietro hummed some stupid little kid's rhyme about Freddie and Rogue getting married.

"Shut up!" he yelled and slapped him so hard that he smashed the headboard and freeing the speed demon.

"Thank you, loverboy," he said and took off. It was out the room before Fred knew what happened. After the thrashing he gave him, he was running slower than normal, but too fast the catch.

Fred just stood there wondering if he was right. Rogue was the only girl in school who even talked to him, but she would never think of him in that way. He wondered if any girl ever would.

*************************************************

Rogue walked the two blocks to the animal shelter to drop off the wad of cash she pitched from Pietro. Getting rid of that money would be the best thing to do. Someone might figure out how Speed Boy got that money and he could spend the rest of his teenage years behind bars. Until the money was long gone, she wouldn't be able to rest.

She reached the shelter in no time and walked in without even looking around. She saw a girl in the waiting room with two small kittens in her arms. They didn't look more than a few weeks old. She recognized the girl as the one she had a confrontation in the bathroom a few ago. Her name was Kitty pride, the X-Man with that weird phasing power.

"But you have to take them," she pleaded with the woman as the reception desk. "I only rescued these two little ones from a boy trying to use them as target practice. I can't keep them."

"Without a donation, we can't take them," the woman said which made Kitty groan.

"Just what I get for trying to do a good deed," Kitty cried out. "Look all I got is three dollars left out of my allowance, and my parents won't give me any more money until next week."

"I'm sorry, Miss, but the minimum is $10, and that doesn't even cover room and board."

"Ah got it covered," Rogue and came up to the desk. "Will this be enough?" she asked and placed the two rubber band wads on the counter.

The woman's eyes grew big, but wouldn't touch the money Rogue had given her. "How much is that?"

"More than enough to cover two little kittens, and find 'em a good home," Rogue and walked back to the entrance door and exited.

She stayed outside the shelter for a few minutes and thought about the events of the day. Having Fred know her secret was one thing, but with Pietro knowing she wondered how long it would be before Mystique figured it out. She may have been a psychotic mess but she wasn't stupid. She was about to walk towards the ice cream shop to get a snack when she heard a voice call her name.

"Hey, Rogue, wait up!" She turned back to Kitty waving her arm in the air. Rogue was confused. Why would someone like Kitty Pride want her for. "I want to tell you something."

"Hey, what?" Rogue asked confused.

"I just wanted to say that it was nice of you give that money to the animal shelter," she said with a sweet smile on her face. "So why did you do it?"

"It's my good deed for the year," Rogue said, trying to play it off as not being a big deal.

"Come on, I know you're not as tough as you look," she said, not Rogue could see a look of innocence in her eyes. She couldn't remember a time when she was innocent, but she decided to humor the girl.

"Are you sure about that?" Rogue asked her, but Kitty looked like she didn't know how to answer the question. "I thought so. Now, here's a question for you. Did you really save those kittens?"

"Well, yeah, some crazy kid was shooting bee bees at them. I just couldn't stand be and let that happen. You believe me, don't you?"

"Ah don't have any reason not to," Rogue said and took a few steps towards the park. She had forgotten that she was heading the ice cream shop."

"Yeah, wait, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out or something. I was on my way to mall, and shopping his more fun if you have something to go with. We could make fun of all the bad fashions."

"You'd wanna hang out with me?" Rogue asked skeptical.

"Why not?" Kitty said holding out her hand. "Tara had a study date with Quicksilver, so what's the big deal if we hang out together, unless you don't want to."

"Well, I had shoppin' t'do anyway, so why not," Rogue and smiled for the first time since her run-in with Pietro.

To Be Continued....

I'll be working on a new part soon. Rogue has expectantly gotten herself into a love triangle.How will this end? Find out next time.