Destination: New York: Part 1

Yay!!!!! I'm finally on chapter ten. What happened to Rogue. Well here's your answer.

Note: The song I used is Magic's in the Makeup.

Chapter Ten: Destination New York

Rogue had never been this far north before, and it was all a little startling. She was used to the easy, quiet country living, but this was the big city and everything about it was accelerated to a height she never imagined possible. She couldn't deny that it was exciting, but it didn't make it any less overwhelming.

As she rode the bus to what was to be her new home, she was nervous. She only had a little more than the clothes on her back and weeks of lost memories. Her mother told her she was in an accident and the amnesia was only temporary, but she had a feeling her mother didn't tell her the whole story.

She remembered before waking up in that dungeon, but the last memory she had before that was being at that dance and hurting the boy that she once had a crush on, then being chased by a band of mutant hunters. Still, her memories were fuzzy on that. Only time would tell if all that happened to her was really as black and white as her mother put things. Life was full of grays and the more she saw of the world the more she knew that to be true.

The bus stopped at the despot a few blocks away from her new home. She walked off the bus and was hit by the noon day sun. It was warm on her face, which was the only exposed skin she possessed. She was forced to cover herself as much as possible, and the reason was that her skin was poison. She was cursed never to touch or be touched.

It wasn't natural not to be touched, but fate had dealt her a losing hand and now she had to play it.

She had one single small bag full of mostly clothes her mother had bought her, and they would have to due until she was able to acquire some money of her own and get some things she actually liked.

She took the piece of paper out of her pocket and looked at the address written on it. She had a small map and followed the directions and hoped she didn't get lost. She found the street easily enough which was called Ravenswood. It looked quiet and quaint, just the kind of place she expected. She followed the house numbers until she found the right one.

There was a sign out front the read: The Brotherhood House. She thought it was kind of a weird name. The only houses she knew to have names were owned by rich people who were trying to get attention.

This was the place, and although it was a nice house it was a little rundown. She walked up to the door and was about to knock, but she noticed that the door was open a crack.

She walked in and looked around and saw the place was quiet, but as she took a few steps, the floorboards creaked. The place looked like one of those old haunted houses, and she could imagine what it looked like at night with all the lights out. Creepy was the word that came to mind, but then again, she kind of liked creepy.

The silence was finally broken by the sounds of voices coming from the second floor. She stood in the entrance hall as a group of teenage boys came stumping down the stairs.

There was a guy with silvery hair whose fast speech made it hard for her to understand him. There was also the big kid with a blonde Mohawk who looked to be at least 300 pounds. There was also a handsome Brown-haired guy who looked fairly normal and a weird kid with a greenish complexion and yellow teeth who had just slid down the banister head first.

"Well, well," the brown-haired guy said. "Principal Darkholme said there would be a girl living here, but this..."

"Hey, Vampirella," the green kid said and jumped off the railing. Rogue wasn't expecting him to jump three feet in the air, but he landed right in front of her.

Rogue should have taken his remark as an insult, but by how she dressed and wore her makeup and hair it was an accurate description. "Want a fist in the mouth?" Rogue asked as she looked the strange kid right in the eye. He seemed to back off a little from her.

"Oh, those are fightin' words, ain't they, Toad?" The brown-haired boy said and jump off the last step followed by his silvery-haired friend who seemed to disappear and reappear across the room. These boys were definitely mutants. "That ain't no way to talk to a lady," he added as he approached her. "Lance Alvers at your service." He held out his hand, but she refused to take it.

"Ah'm sure," Rogue said and looked around. "So, what do ya all do for fun around here?"

"Whatever we want," Lance said and suddenly the room began to shake. She was not impressed.

"Hey, guys, we could have a lot of fun with her around," the silver-haired boy said and zipped right in front of her standing next to Lance. She just rolled her eyes thinking that she had to live in a house full of horny teenage boys trying to get into her pants. Well, they were in for a big surprise.

"Where's mah room?" she asked, her voice testy.

"Top of the stairs," the big kid said and pointed with his finger. "Second door to the left." He was standing at the bottom of the stairs as she passed him.

"Well, at least there's one gentleman in this house," she said and stumped up the stairs leaving the four boys to wonder.

She followed his directions and walked into the room that the big kid told her was to be hers and looked around and saw that there was nothing impressive about it. There was just a single bed with a basic wooden headboard, and simple wooden desk and dresser with a mirror. She dumped her clothes in one of the drawers and took the only book she had out. The title was A Dozen Black Roses, a book she had gotten on the Greyhound's last stop before reaching the city.

She sat down on the bed and opened up the book and began reading. She could hear the noises the boys were making from downstairs and wondered what it would take to get the room soundproof.

After about fifteen minutes of not being able to concentrate on reading, she got up off the bed. She was still all covered up in layers of clothes and just now wondered why. It was stifling hot, and there was no one else around so it was safe for her to strip down to her tank top and put on the only pair of shorts she owned. Only when she was alone could she be free and hated the fact that she was a prisoner of her own body, but it was the hand she was dealt.

She looked in the mirror at herself. She had little makeup on, if any at all and she was moderately bare. This was her, the person the world would never get to see. A sort of depression set in. How she wanted things to be different, but they were what they were. As she looked deeper, something told her that this was not the place that she belonged. The problem was that she didn't know where she was supposed to be, but she hoped one day she would figure it out. 

To Be Continued...

I hope you enjoyed this part. Vote and comment if you like. There is more to come next time.