The Heist: Part 5

Remy reached down and picked up the remote and pushed a button on it. Soft music began to play which made Rogue smile. It was a slow, romantic song and without words they started to dance. Before long, his arms were around her and she could feel the warmth of his body. It seemed like they danced for hours, but in reality, it was only for three songs all slow and romantic ballads. Something told Rogue, Remy might have planned this. There was one thing she could say for the boy, he was romantic and smooth.

The music was still playing when Rogue looked up to see that he was smiling at her. She stood there becoming weak in the knees. Those intense looks he was giving her were just too much. She tried to open her mouth to speak, but before she could make a sound his lips her on hers. That gem was still doing its work in holding back her powers, and she felt his tongue in her mouth. She relished the taste thinking that she could get used to this, and she wanted to.

"You tired," Remy asked as he walked her over to the couch.

"Maybe a little," she said and let out a little yawn.

He let out a chuckle and put his arms around her, and she let out a little moan never feeling more comfortable than in his arms. She felt safe and protected being with him, the way she felt when she was a little girl when they were on their little adventure.

She always wondered what that little boy would have looked as a full-grown man and even though she had made all those accurate drawing she never knew for sure. Now she did, and she wouldn't change one thing about him.

"Ah wanna tell ya somethin'," she said in a quiet voice.

"You can tell me anyt'ing, chere," he said and stroked her hair.

"Ah only kissed one other guy in mah whole life, and it didn't end well." There was a sorrowful look in her eye.

"You love dat boy?" he asked. She sensed that he was a little jealous.

"No, it was just one kiss, and ah almost killed him. That's one of the reasons ah left home. It was so hard..."

"Anna, don' t'ink 'bout dat now," he said, putting his hand on her chin. He guided her close to him until their lips were touching. After a few moments they couldn't help themselves and his hands worked their way down her back, but Rogue pushed him off of her breathing heavy. She knew what he was leading up to, and even though she wanted to she just couldn't do it.

"Ah'm sorry, but I can't," she said and looked over at the gem. It was hot in her hands, but it wasn't the thing that was bothering her.

"What's wrong, Anna?" he asked and tried to hold her again, but she backed away from him. She looked up at him with fear in her eyes. "Did I do somt'in' wrong?"

"No, it's just that ah'm not... ah not ready for anything more than kissin'," she said, and he reached over to take her hand. She didn't pull away from him this time and he kissed it gently.

"I understand, chere," he said. "All dis is so new. Just wanna make you happy."

"Ah am," she said with a half smiled. "Ah just never... ummm..." She couldn't finish the sentence.

"Oh, dat," he said and came closer to her. "Dere's no rush. I can wait 'til you're ready, but would it be okay if I hold you."

"Ah'd like that," she said and they both leaned back on the couch.

She was exhausted and soon fell asleep in his arms. After he was sure she was asleep he picked her up and carried her into the bedroom and laid her down on the bed. As he covered her with a blanket and glided his gloved hand on her face. He had already put the gem in the iron box he had the fake one in before he gave it to Henri. "Sweet dreams. Mah Cherie." He blew her a kiss and left the room.

He planned to get her out of the city that next day, so she would need all the energy she could muster, and that meant a good night's sleep.

That's the end of chapter eight, but there's more to come. Gambit and Rogue aren't out of the woods yet, as they try to escape the city before their switch with the gem is discovered. Once it is they're going to be hunted, not only by the assassins but the thieves as well, and let's not for get about Mystique.