Hidden Truths: Part 1

I didn't post yesterday because I was in a blah mood. But here's another part just written your enjoyment.

Chapter Fifteen: Hidden Truths

Rogue returned home just before midnight and heard the boys conversing out by Lance's van, but she didn't want anyone to know she had been out, so she stayed hidden so they wouldn't see her.

"Hey, guys, that was a wild party tonight," Lance said, while flipping his car keys in the air. He caught them and buried them deep into his pocket.

"Did you see those two girls I was dancing with?" Pietro said and hooted.

"Yeah, they were a hot pair of twins," Todd said, releasing his tongue from his mouth to catch a fly. "I couldn't tell them apart."

"I wish Rogue could have come with us," Fred said and looked up in the direction of her room. "The party would have been more fun with her there."

"Are you kidding me?" Pietro shouted out sarcastically, while making an ugly face. "No way, she's a stick in a mud, too afraid to have any fun."

"That's for sure," Todd added in agreement with Pietro's opinion.

"You know, it really blows that we got a somewhat hot girl living in the house, and we can't even touch her without her knocking us out cold."

"Come on, Speedy," Lance said leaning against the trellis. "Even if she could, you wouldn't have a chance, and besides you just want the challenge of popping her cherry."

The other boys were making grunting sounds except for Fred who took offense that they were speaking about their teammate like that.

"Well, maybe, but like I always say 'love 'um and leave 'um'," Pietro said and Rogue just rolled her eyes. "Now, if that Tara girl would join us, we could all have some fun, not only is she hot she's a great kisser too."

"Like that's going to happen," Lance said as they all entered the house.

Their banter hurt her a little bit, knowing what they really thought of her. Fred was actually the only one to defend her, and she wondered why he did it. She really didn't want to live in this house, but right now she had no choice. If she was ever going to find out why Mystique kidnapped her and wiped her memories of the last few weeks she had to stay. The only thing she hated about it was that she couldn't openly be with Remy or hang around with her two friends from back home.

She snuck in through the back door and waited for the boys to go upstairs. When all was quiet, she stealthily climbed the stairs careful to not making a sound. Once she reached the top of the stairs she looked around and saw no one in sight and then quietly tiptoed to her room. She had just gotten the door open when she heard someone behind her.

"Hey, Rogue." She gasped and jumped at the same time and turned around to see it was Fred.

"Why the hell ya scare me like that?" she whispered as she entered her room.

He followed her inside which was against house rules, but she didn't want to have a conversation out in the hallway where the others might hear.

"Rogue, what's going on?" he asked in his normal tone.

"Keep it down," she said just above a whisper. "Ah don't want Mystique or the other boys knowin' ah was out."

"So, you did go out," he said in a quieter voice. "You know you should get out more anyway. In fact, you should have come with us to the party."

"Naw, I kind of had a date," she said and looked a little embarrassed. "You know how Mystique feels about dating."

"I won't tell," Fred said and used his finger to cross his heart. The jesture made her smile. "Is he nice?"

"Yeah," Rogue said. "Real nice." She was thinking about the kisses she received from Remy and had a dreamy look on her face.

"Hey, any time you need a cover, I got your back," he said and gave her a thumbs up.

"Thanks, Freddie," she said and gave him a friendly hug.

He left her room a few seconds later not knowing someone had seen him. The silver-haired mutant smirked seeing more into it than there really was.

Just as Fred was about to go in his room, Pietro zipped in front in him blocking his way. "Hey, Blobbo, what's up with you and Miss Untouchable."

"Nothing," he said and tried to reached the door handle.

"Oh, come on, after all that slop about how you wished Rogue had come to the party, and then I see you coming out of her room," Pietro said, rolling his eyes. "If Mystique finds out you're both in hot water."

"Rogue is my friend, that's all," Fred said with a bit of anger in his voice, but Pietro just shook his head with his arms across his chest like he didn't believe him. "You guys shouldn't tease her so much, especially you. She really is a sweet girl and much too good for any of you, and even if there was something going on it wouldn't be any of your business."

"Aha, so you do have feelings for her," Pietro said and gave a chuckle. "Not a problem, man. Your secret is safe with me. I just hope she don't fry you brain too much. Those powers of hers are what you would say...deadly."

Pietro gave one last condescending laugh before zipping away back to his room. Damn, why did Fred have to imply that he and Rogue had a thing going on? It was more than likely Speedy would tease her about that too, and when she found out she was going to be livid. Rogue was a nice girl, but she also had a bad temper. Of all of them she was the toughest fighter. Fred knew he was in deep shit now.

To Be Continued....

So is Fred going to regret implying that he Rogue have something going on or is this the perfect cover for her to see Remy? Find out next time.