Under Cover: Part 2

"What are ya doin' here?" Rogue asked, moving a few steps back so Remy could pick himself off the floor. Rogue walked over to the stereo and turned it off.

He walked over to her just as she turned around to face him. "I was worried 'bout you," Remy said and tried to take her hand. She wasn't wearing gloves and refused to let him take it.

"Ah'm not wearin' my necklace," she said and stepped back next to her desk. "Now answer my question. What are you really doin' here?"

"I told you, Anna. I was worried 'bout you. When you didn't answer my texts I thought somethin' bad happened."

"Oh, my phone," Rogue said with a look of embarrassment on her face. She picked it up and realized that it had been on silence the entire time. "Sorry about that. Ah must have accidentally hit something to make it go all quiet."

"Well, I'm glad you're alright," Remy said and came close to her. Again, she backed up. "Rogue's what's wrong? Why won't you let me come near you?"

"Ah just don't wanna hurt you," Rogue said and folded her arms over her chest so her hands were hidden.

"I'm not scared to be close to you," he said and reached out for her. "With or without dat gem I wana be wid you. I can be careful if you just trust me."

She loosened up and stepped closer to him. He put his arms around her. Even through layers of clothing she could feel his warmth. He made her feel safe, and it was one of the reasons she had decided to do this investigation.

"I brought something for you," Remy said and looked towards his bag that was lying by the floor by the window.

"You got me a present?" Rogue asked him and looked excited.

"Not exactly," he said and picked up the bag off the floor. He reached inside and pulled out the sketchbook. "You left dis behind in my apartment in New Orleans."

"Ah thought ah lost this forever," she said and looked through the pictures. She stopped towards the back and looked at the last picture she sketched. It was one of Remy sleeping on the couch. "This one's my favorite." She turned it around to show him.

"Dat's real nice, chere," he said and looked deep into her eyes.

He wanted to kiss her, but she wasn't wearing her necklace. She somehow could sense that he wanted to touch her and placed the sketchbook down on her desk and ran over to her dresser. She fished through her jewelry box and pulled out a black cloth baggy. He was intrigued by what she was doing and came up behind her as she pulled out her necklace. She put it on and turned around to see he was standing next to her.

Without even a word his arms were around her and she found herself pressed against him. His lips barely brushed hers when she heard some noise coming from downstairs.

"Shit!" she whispered and broke away from his embrace. She ran to the door and listened closely to discover whose voice she was hearing. She turned to Remy with a terrified look on her face. "You have to leave now!" she said as she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Damn it!" she said quietly as she led him to the window.

"Hey! Rogue, open up!" It was Quicksilver's voice, and there was no way she wanted that speed demon to know she had a guy in her room.

"Coming!" she called out. She tried to get Remy to leave through the window, but she then saw Toad and Lance outside playing ball. If he left now he would surely be spotted. "Hide in the closet," she said, thinking there was no other place for him to go.

Remy didn't look like he was in a hurry to play hide and seek, but she pushed him into her closet and shut the door. He was smirking from the other side of the door and took the opportunity to look through her closet.