The Heist: Part 3

Once they reached the sewer tunnel, Rogue felt fatigued. She thought it was due to the gem that was in her pocket. It was doing something to her or so she thought.

As they were walking, Rogue felt light-headed and without knowing it held onto Remy in fear that she might fall down. This did not go unnoticed.

"Chere, are you alright?" he asked as he set her down on a metal slab.

"Ah'm not sure," she said as he sat down next to her. "Ah been feelin' strange ever since you gave me that gem." She reached into her pocket and pulled it out, and for some weird reason it glowed. Dim at first, but then it illuminated the entire tunnel.

Rogue felt better, almost as good as before her powers manifested. Remy was still concerned and did the only thing he could think of. He felt her forehead to see if she had a temperature, but he didn't watch what he was doing and his finger brushed against her skin. She felt his skin on hers and jumped. The last thing she wanted to do was knock him out, but for some strange reason nothing happened.

She looked dumbfounded thinking that it might be a fluke. "You touched mah skin and nothin' happened."

"You sure?" he asked. She took off one of her gloves with the gem in her lap. It was glowing but not as much as before. She raised her hand up to his face and touched it. Again, nothing happened.

She had a smile on her face. "Ah can touch you," she said and took off her other glove. She touched his face with both hands. She was smiling and laughing at the same time. Remy liked seeing her like this, but things got serious very fast as they both looked deep into each other's eyes.

"I'd like to kiss you right now," he said and glided the tip of his finger over her lips. She loved the way his skin felt and didn't want to ever let go of him.

"What's stoppin"ya?" she asked almost in a whisper.

He took that as an invitation and came close to her, and as his lips lightly touched hers, she felt a tingling in her body. She was meant to kiss him as he was meant to kiss her. She didn't know how long this touching thing would last, but she wanted to take advantage of every second.

As they broke away, she felt breathless. No memories invaded her mind and no borrowed powers did she possess. She just felt the natural sensations that any girl feels kissing a boy they liked for the first time.

They were both stunned by the gesture that they had both taken part in. Rogue had trouble finding her voice, and all the smooth lines Remy used on other girls escaped his memory.

"Why you t"ink dis happened?" he asked instead of his usual routine. His hands were caressing her hair and it felt nice. This was only the second time she kissed a person of the opposite sex in a romantic way and it was more than she ever hoped for.

"Ah'm not sure, but ah think it has t'do with this gem," she said. "Somehow it blocks mah power." She stood up and held the gem in her hand. It was still glowing but very dimly. "Ah guess it's not just a piece of jewelry."

"Not sure what it is, only dat pere has a buyer for it, but dat t'ing's too dangerous."

"So, what do we do with it?" Rogue asked.

"Can't t'ink 'bout dat now, only know dat pere ain't getting' it," he said as he led her deeper into the tunnel. She had put it back into her pocket but still felt its strange energy.

They made it back to his apartment building in time to meet up with Henri and Mercy.

"So, you two made it," Henri said. "How's dat gem?"

"Under safe keeping," Remy said.

"Good, 'cause dat t'ing gonna make us rich," Henri said, looking like he had stars in his eyes.

"We talk about dat at my place," Remy said and led Rogue inside. He didn't really want to talk about it. He would rather spend the rest of the night alone with Rogue. That kiss that they shared would not be their last if he had anything to say about it.

To Be Continued...