Hidden Memories: Part 1

Chapter Fourteen: Hidden Memories

Rogue woke a little late the next morning, which was unusual for her seeing that she was the first to turn in. After dinner the night before, she felt so wiped out but didn't know why. Even after getting more than ten hours of sleep, she still felt exhausted and didn't really want to get up, but she had school. She quickly took a shower, brushed her hair and put on some makeup and hoped it would cover the obvious circles under her eyes. She had her things together and grabbed her bag before going downstairs, intending on skipping breakfast, but before she could head out the door, she heard Mystique's voice.

"You're not going anywhere until you eat breakfast," she said, and Rogue turned around. The woman had a stern look on her face.

"Ah'm not hungry," Rogue said and tried to leave, but Mystique stopped her. "You need to at least have a glass of orange juice."

"Okay, fine," she said and followed her into the kitchen. She had a glass already poured for her and handed it to her. Rogue took a sip but made an ugly face but swallowed it. "This is watered down."

She put it back on the counter and headed straight for the door. Mystique tried to stop her, but she was already gone. It seemed that Quicksilver was not the only one she couldn't catch.

Rogue had no choice but to walk to school that day, seeing that the boys took off already. She knew she was going to be late, and it would be the first time since she started at Bayville High, but that was less than a week ago. Her homeroom teacher had it in for her since the second she walked into class and was just waiting for any little thing to punish her. One thing she didn't want to deal with today was detention, but it looked like it just might happen.

She walked as quickly as she could, but the time was ticking by fast, which was causing her anxiety. She heard a sound coming behind her, sounding like a motorcycle. She looked behind her and saw that annoying guy from school. He was always popping up when she least expected it, and here he was doing it again.

She tried to walk faster but there was no way she could beat a motorcycle even at its lowest speed and finally stopped, knowing she wasn't going to get rid of the guy, unless she said something.

"Hey, chere, like a ride?" he asked after he took off his helmet.

"Not from you," she said and tried to walk off.

He got off his bike and did a flip with his bo staff and landed right in front of her. "So, you would rather be late for school?"

"Ah will if you don't get outta my way," she said and tried to walk on, but he grabbed her hand.

"You'll be late anyway, so are you gonna let me give you a ride?" She hated that he was being logical. She shouldn't accept anything from him seeing he was an enemy, but there was no other choice. Besides, she was too tired to walk anyway. "So, what you say, let Remy give you a ride?"

"Okay, fine," she said, and he led her to his bike. He hopped on the bike first, but Rogue hesitated.

"You can trust me," he said and looked into her eyes. He didn't have his sunglasses on, and she could see what they really looked like. It was like looking into the heart of a volcano. She should have been afraid, but she was more intrigued.

He held out his hand and left it to her whether or not she would take it. After a few moments she did and felt a certain gentleness and warmth, so she got on the bike and he handed her the helmet. After putting it on, Remy started up the bike, which prompted her to put her arms around him, and he took off.

She felt as if she had done this before, but her mind couldn't quite pin it down. It was kind of exciting putting her life in the hands of a so-called enemy.

In minutes, they were at school, and she quickly got off the bike and was about to leave. Before she had the chance, he grabbed her hand, which made her turned back, and she knew she had to say something.

"Thanks for the ride," she said and saw him looking intensely at her. He had his sunglasses still on, but she knew he was looking at her and felt that somehow, he could see into her soul.

"You're welcome, chere," he said and raised her hand to his lips and kissed her. She wanted to pull away, but for some reason she couldn't. She also felt that this wasn't the first time he had kissed her.

A flash came to her mind of her and Remy, and they were kissing, not on the hand but on the lips. She let out a deep breath and ran up the steps and into the school building. Sprinting down the hall, she ducked into the closest bathroom she could find. She splashed some cold water on her face trying to get that image out of her head. It was so real, but there was no way it could have really happened, not with her powers. She saw the scene playing through her mind. Was it that she really wanted him to kiss her like that? She was so confused that she couldn't think straight.

She heard the bell ring, but she was too overwhelmed by the could-be memory that her being late for class was the least of her worries. She slumped down on the floor in the corner and tried to get the image out of her head, but it was no good. The scene played over in her mind repeatedly becoming stronger, until she couldn't take the pressure anymore. It was real; it had to be. The only thing she didn't understand was how.

To Be Continued...