Hidden Memories: Part 2

Rogue was trying to get herself together when someone came into the bathroom. She was so out of it she didn't even care about the embarrassment she was going to receive being found in this position.

She was shaking as she looked up and saw a familiar face. "Are you okay?" she heard a short-stature brunette say.

She recognized the girl as being part of the group that terrorized her back home. "Stay away from me," she said and tried to move away from the girl.

She didn't realize in her state of confusion she had taken her glove off. The girl didn't listen and just stood over her. "I just want to help you," the girl said, but Rogue brushed up against her hand and the girl screamed before passing out.

Rogue moved off the floor and grabbed her gloves and put them back on. "Hey, you, wake up."

Damn! She had the girl's mind inside if her. A name popped into her head. It was Kitty. That was her name, but she had seen this girl in Lance's mind too. This was the girl he was in love with.

"You'll be okay," she whispered to the petite brunette. She was about to get up and get help, but she suddenly went through the floor. She screamed but kept falling, through the basement and into the sub-basement until she finally hit the floor. That girl's memories were still inside her mind, but she couldn't see any of the memories of her and her friends trying to kill her. Although it could be because they were not surface memories, but it could also be that it never happened. She had been doubting that for days, but she had kept these feelings to herself. Mystique reminded her daily about what these people did to her.

She tried to pick herself up, but she found that she had a large bruise on her leg. "Damn it!" she yelled out. She had to find a way out of here, but she didn't exactly know where here was. She looked around and found a small stairway and struggled to climb it. Her leg still hurt, but at least it wasn't broken.

When she reached the door, she tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. She wondered if it was just too heavy, or if the door was simply locked.

"Open up!" she yelled and hit the door with her hands. She pounded it over and over, until her hands just seemed to simply pass through. She wanted to freak out fearing that she might get stuck in the door, but tried to keep a cool head. Instead she tried to pull the rest of her body through and took one step and then another slowly and carefully but stumbled onto the floor after moving too fast.

"So that girl does have a power," she said quietly. She pulled out her phone and saw the time and realized that homeroom was half over. "Shit!" She picked herself up off the floor and took the stairwell up to the first floor. She made her way back to the bathroom where she had her freak out. She wanted to be sure that girl Kitty was okay. When she was just around the corner, she saw two girls helping her accidental victim out of the bathroom.

She was relieved to see the girl was alright and ran down the hall to her homeroom. She walked in as indiscreetly as possible but her teacher looked at her sternly.

"Rogue, may I speak with you?" She knew she was in for it. She approached her teacher's desk and her stern expression evolved into sustain. "May I ask why you were late?"

"Girl problems," she said, thinking it was the only answer she could come up with at the moment.

Her teacher just rolled her eyes, and she was sure the woman didn't believe her excuse. "Well, don't let it happen again."

Rogue wondered why she had let her off so easily, but then she saw Principal Darkholme pass by her classroom door. She wondered if she had anything to do with it, but she wasn't going to push the subject and decided to let it go and took a seat in the back row.

She still had the girl in her head, but she was starting to fade and hopefully she would soon be in the back of her mind with the others.

Still, that memory of kissing Remy was always on the forefront of her mind, and she was going to confront him about it just as soon as she could.

To Be Continued...