Defending a Girl's Honor: Part 2

I wrote this just last night after doing an entire edit of the story over the last few weeks. Watch what happens to Pietro when Rogue and Fred confronts him about his dirty deeds.

A short time later Rogue was in her room pacing when she was startled by a rapping on her door. She had been in deep thought and the noise made her jump. "Rogue, open up." She was relieved that it was Fred's voice.

She looked out the window to see Lance and Todd driving off. It was a relief having them out of the house, because it would give her and Fred a chance to work on Pietro while Mystique was out. There was a PTA meeting that night and she would not be back until late. She walked over to the door and opened it.

"He's waking up," Fred said with fear in his eyes. "If he tells..."

"He won't," Rogue said and swiftly walked towards Pietro's room. She saw the door was cracked, and the speed demon was tied up on his bed. They were special ropes that even he couldn't get out of. She could see him struggling and she wanted to feel sorry for him, but after the dirt she picked up on him she couldn't feel very much empathy.

"Hey, lowlife, have a nice nap?" she asked sarcastically as he tried to move his legs out of the ropes. They were so thick and tied so tight that he couldn't move a muscle. "Ya want us to turn ya loose?" All she got was a whimper, since his mouth was tightly gagged as well. "Be a good boy, and that might just happen." She took the gag off him, but in no way, did she do it gently.

"Get me out of this, you bitch!" he screamed at her as soon as his mouth was free.

"Not until we get a few things straight," she said and stuffed one of Fred's old gym socks in his mouth to keep him quiet so she could propose the deal. She could hear him gagging, even though the sock was only partway in his mouth. "What ya think ya know... forget," she said but Pietro just gave a scowl. "Ya tell Mystique anything, ya goin' to juvy."

She teasingly took the gag out of his mouth in hopes of getting his answer. To her surprise, he didn't even attempt to shout at her. She figured that he didn't want that smelly sock in his mouth again.

"You have nothing on me, cornpone," he said and spit at her. She slapped him in the face after that insult. She was wearing her black leather gloves and it the impact stung his face.

"Ah know everything ya did, Speedy," she said, but he merely laughed at her while turning his head away from her. "Nothing to say?"

He then turned back looking confident. "If you're talking about that business with Spikeboy...."

"No, ah'm talking about that," she said interrupting him. She found out about that weeks ago during their training session. She just never said anything about it, or how a mysterious man got him out of that whole mess. There was something else she picked up, something more recent. "Ah'm talking about your little fencin' operation you got goin'. Let's see now: 16 car stereos, and the 10K in merchandise lost in the robbery at the electric store hit last week. How about the bank heist three days ago?"

"You can't know about that, and you can't prove it even if you did," he said in a frantic voice.

"Ah may not be able to prove it, but it wouldn't take much to get Vince and Eddie to squeal," she said and Pietro looked surprised as she voiced the names of his accomplices. "Those boys are afraid a mutants. That's how you got them to work for you in the first place. Now, if they're afraid a what you can do, just how scared are they gonna be when the know what ah can do."

"Y-you w-wouldn't," he said stuttering out the words. "Y-you c-couldn't... rat out a teammate...?"

"I saw everything little dirty job you pulled off since ya been in Bayville when ah touched ya," Rogue said, looking him straight in the eye. "Deny it, Speedy."

She stared him down so hard he had no choice but to confess. "Okay, it's true," he said with a whimper in his voice. "If you tell Mystique..."

"Ah won't tell and neither will Fred if you keep your mouth shut," she said as Fred stood by the foot of his bed. The only other person in that house he feared more than Mystique was Fred Dukes and now Rogue.

"Okay, okay, I won't tell," he said as Rogue looked over at Fred.

"Freddie," Rogue said. turning to the big kid who had his eye on Pietro the entire time. "Look in the loose floorboard in the closet. You'll find a metal box," Rogue said as Pietro's panic rose.

"No, Rogue, don't do it, please" he said as Fred ripped the floor out, after having trouble removing the floorboard. There he found the box, just where she said it would be.

"What do we have here," Fred said as he opened it after ripping off the lock. It revealed a substantial wad of cash tied in two fat rubber bands.

"Hey, that my life savings," he said as Fred handed the large pile of money to Rogue.

"The animal shelter is about to get a big donation," Rogue said and put the money inside her jacket pocket."

"There's over $2,000!" Pietro screamed. "You can't take that! It's mine! I earned it!"

"Off of stolen goods," Fred said and came and stood next to Rogue. "That wasn't a nice thing to do, Pietro."

"We're the Brotherhood, and we ain't nice," he said just as Fred raised his hand, but Rogue stopped him from attacking.

"Now, from now on you're going to be a good little boy," Rogue said as Pietro turned away from her. "You're gonna stop stealing, be nice to the kids at school and never tell anyone anything about me."

"Fine," he said with a pout as Fred just growled at him. "Now, get me out of this."

"Do what you want with him, Fred," Rogue said and walked towards the door. Fred Dukes formed a smirk on his face which made Pietro swallow hard. "Ah got an errand to run."

Rogue left the room, leaving Blob and Quicksilver alone.

I will be posting again soon, but don't think that Mystique is going to be oblivious about the things that are going on. She will eventually find out about the drug switch, but will she learn who orchestrated it? Keep reading to find out.