The Missing Part: Part 1

I had a hard trying to figure out what to call this chapter, but this is what I came up with. In this chapter Rogue will be having flashes of her last memories. Will she remember, or will Mystique take measures to ensure that doesn't happened?

Chapter Twelve: The Missing Part

"Hey, Rogue, who was that guy?" Pietro asked her after that strange boy left their table.

"How should ah know?" Rogue asked and tried to eat her lunch, but after the incident she lost her appetite. She looked over to see the boy talking to someone she recognized. Was that Bruno? she thought to herself. If it was, what was he doing here? Something strange was going on, and she had to find out what it was.

It seemed since she woke up in that dungeon, she didn't feel like herself. It was like a piece of her was missing, and she didn't know what it was or where to even start looking for it.

She looked around to see if she could spot that guy, but he was nowhere to be found. She got up from the table, which made Fred stop and look up at her. "Where you going, Rogue?"

"Ladies' room," she said and threw out her less than half eaten lunch and walked swiftly out of the lunch room. She raced down the hallway and reached the bathroom when she felt someone behind her. She turned around to see the same boy that approached her in the lunchroom.

"Are you following me?" she turned around and demanded to know.

"Maybe," he said and stood there shuffling his cards.

"Why?" she asked and stood there nervously as he stared at her.

"Because I know you," he said and approached her. He tried to take her hand, but she moved it behind her back before he had a chance. "I know you don' remember, but you will. I won' give up until you do."

He came closer catching her off guard and gently took her hand. She wanted to protest, but something in her didn't allow her to pull away. He caressed her gloved hand, but she could still feel his warmth through the leather. He placed something inside her palm and closed it, slowly raising her hand to his and kissed it.

Shivers went up and down her spine as he slowly let go of her hand. "'Til next time, Cherie."

He walked away from her without looking back, and Rogue just stood there mesmerized. When he was out of her eyesight, the trance she was in a few moments ago let up, and she came back to reality. She looked down to see a playing card in her hand. It was the queen of hearts. Why had he given her that of all things? Afterall, she never met this guy before. She didn't even know his name, or did she?

He had said it once in the lunchroom. What was it again? Remy. That's what he said, and she knew that name. She just didn't know from where.

The bell rang for her next class and realized she had to hurry or she would be late. Fred came stomping down the hall seeing they had their next class together which was art.

"Hey, Rogue, are you okay?" he asked seeing how distraught she looked.

"Ah'm fine," she said, but she didn't realize that she still had the playing card in her hand.

"Hey, what's that?" he asked and pointed to the queen of hearts card.

"Oh, that's nothing," she said and quickly put the card in her bag.

As she entered her next class all she could think of was her encounter with that mysterious guy. The familiarity he claimed to have with her was disturbing and sent a chill up her spine, the way he touched her. If only he knew what she could do he wouldn't have been so casual, but then maybe he did. She just wished she knew for sure. She tried to put it out of her mind as the second bell rang signifying that class was about to start.

To Be Continued...