Who Am I Now? Part 3

Scared out of her mind and still feeling Cody inside of her, even though his hold wasn't nearly as strong, Rogue ran. It was all she could think of to do. She didn't understand why that guy attacked her, but she wasn't about to give him a second chance.

She approached a high wooden fence. It would be much simpler to try and jump over it then go around. She didn't know if that guy was following her or not, and her trail would be harder to follow or so she thought. There was one flaw in her plan. She looked down to see a dark-skinned woman with white hair. She had thrown something at the fence that Rogue was more at the top of. Before she could act there was an explosion, and Rogue was thrown to the ground. She barely had time to recover when she looked up and saw her Aunt Irene.

Rogue was so confused that she wasn't sure if it really was Irene that she saw. "Rogue, it's me," she heard the woman say. "Aunt Irene. Try to remember."

"Who?" Rogue asked still confused. "Wait..." She hesitated for a moment, trying to clear her thoughts. "Aunt Irene. Yes, but I'm so confused, strange thoughts in my head, people chasing me."

"Easy, honey," her aunt said, trying to soothe her. "The police are coming, and the X-Men will not risk a confrontation."

"The X-Men?" she questioned. She heard that word before, trying to place it. Yes, the guy with the claws mentioned the X-Men. She was trembling with fear at the name.

"Yes," Irene said. "Mutant hunters." Irene helped Rogue to her feet. "I have a friend who can help you. I'll take you to her."

Rogue felt a little more relieved, but still she was apprehensive. "All this is happening so fast. Ah don't..." Rogue looked up to see three beings coming towards them. One of them was the guy with the claws. He was heading the group. There was also a girl of about fifteen with brown hair in a ponytail and a blue demonic-looking creature. Fear struck her again seeing that man. "It's him." She pointed in his direction. "The one who attacked me. Run, Irene, run!"

Rogue ran off in the opposite direction of her pursuers, but one of her gloves came off.

"That's gotta be her!" Wolverine shouted as they continued their pursuit.

"Please, leave me be," she pleaded.

She quickly climbed over a wooden fence to get away and found herself in the backyard of a local residence. She wasn't worried about getting caught trespassing, although she should have been. The important this was the she was alone again. The voice of Cody inside her head had faded away, and all she could hear was the faint sounds of the night.

 The voice of Cody inside her head had faded away, and all she could hear was the faint sounds of the night

Rogue had the strange feeling that she wasn't alone, so she looked up to see a boy not much younger than her sitting on a swing. "Guten Tag, Fräulein." He spoke in German. "Please, don't be frightened," he said in English with his German accent. He teleported from his place on the swing to the water fountain Rogue was standing next to.

"What do ya want?" she asked him in an agitated voice.

"To help you," he said, his voice was sympathetic. She was still skeptical of his intentions, but she would at least hear him out. "We're the good guys, especially me. I was like you once. Alone, unsure of what I was, afraid to show my face. Can you believe it?"

Rogue kept a straight face, hoping this kid was being sincere. She turned and saw a girl with brown hair standing by the tall wooden fence that she had climbed over not so long ago.

"She doesn't look so tough to me," she faintly heard the girl say. She came towards them which startled Rogue.

Kurt saw the fear in her and eyes and shouted, "Kitty, no!"

Kitty grabbed onto Rogue forcing her to the ground. Rogue easily escaped the girl's grasp as Kurt approached them. This was an ambush. Well, Rogue figured that they wouldn't get her without a fight. In an attempt to get away she hit Kurt's watch. Something strange happened after that. The image of a normal-looking human boy faded away and in its place stood a blue demon with yellow eyes and a long tail. He was the creature who was with the guy with the steel claws. This was all a ploy to get to her.

He grabbed onto her, trying to stop her from getting away. In the struggle, she touched his face. New images and memories invaded her mind, but there was something different this time. Rogue stepped back. All she wanted was to get away, and suddenly she disappeared into a puff of smoke.

 All she wanted was to get away, and suddenly she disappeared into a puff of smoke

To Be Continued...