4

Not long after Alexa was finished getting ready, the first guests were turning up. They were mostly people Alexa knew, either relatives or family friends. She was actually quite excited about this party. Not so much about the people but more about the food, because her mother wanted a barbecue. And god did Alexa love barbecues.

A few greetings here and there later she was sat at a table with her little cousin, Cassandra. She was beyond cute. Her eyes were the bluest of blue and her hair was a blonde curly mess. Cass, what she preferred to be called, was just a little ball of fluff. She was seven years old and looked up to Alexa a lot. When she arrived she basically crashed into Alexa and hugged really tight. It was so lovely. Right now she was showing Alexa a video of her ballet performance last month.

"wow you are really good Cass!" Alexa said in awe.

"Aw thank youuuuuu" the way she dragged out the u was just so adorable. Alexa usually didn't like children, Cass was definitely an exception.

"so when's your next performance, I wanna come see you" Alexa asked.

"uhmm I don't know but I can go and ask mummy if you want to"

"yeah that'd be great, I really don't want to miss it again!" As soon as Alexa had finished her sentence the little girl sprinted off. Alexa watched her run over to the other table, quite in a daze. She didn't even realise somebody sitting down opposite of her.

"heya" a too familiar voice spoke, tearing her out of her daze.

"hi" she retorted, squinting her eyes, quite obviously not happy seeing him. "I'll be back in a minute" she said sweetly and got up to find her mother.

Luckily she was alone in the kitchen when Alexa came in. Alexa didn't really want to make a scene but she just couldn't hold it in.

"why the hell is he here?" Alexa almost shouted, with an angry expression on her face.

"who are you talking about, darling?" Her mother pretended not to understand who was bothering her so much. Yet she did exactly know who Alexa held the biggest of grudges against.

"you know exactly who I am talking about" Alexa spat out, squinting her eyes.

"I know you don't like him, but he's not that bad okay" her mother tried making the situation a bit less tense.

"oh you have no idea he is awful, I hate him" Alexa tried making clear of the situation.

"oh come on it's just one evening, besides I can't really invite his parents and then say but your son is not allowed to come because my daughter doesn't like him" she tried with an excuse.

"ughhhhh" Alexa spoke out loud, spinning in a circle on her heels whilst throwing her hands up in the air. She was so frustrated about everything. The party could have been so nice. But no. This idiot had to turn up.

"it's just for one evening okay, for my birthday" Now her mother tried the guilt card and voilà: it worked.

"fine I'll be as nice as I can be" Alexa let her mother win this time, because it was her birthday after all. Yet she dreaded going outside. Nonetheless she made her way back to the table she was previously sitting, opposite that oh so lovely boy. There was also another person there chatting away. It was Cass. Oh god no. Alexa sat down next to her, completely ignoring Michael.

"so when's your next performance lovely?" she asked sweetly, interrupting Cass and Michaels previous conversation.

"uhm mommy didn't really know but she'll call you when she knows"

"oh alright, that's fine" Alexa reassured her. "so what are you going to do in your holidays?" Alexa asked sweetly, trying to keep Michael out of the conversation as much as possible.

i love to hate you | m.c.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें