11

Alexa tried denying everything but that didn't work. She was falling for this boy and she couldn't do anything about it. He was on her mind all the time and whenever she saw him she just wanted to run up to him and hug him, because let's face it his hugs were the best thing in the entire universe.

Whatever she was doing he was on her mind. Every now and then she just began smiling out of nowhere, which left everybody around her really confused. She had also dropped a few things, which let her mother wonder, because normally Alexa wasn't the clumsy type. After a while of watching Alexa sit on the couch by herself, smiling like an idiot, her mother decided to confront her.

"alright, sweety, what's going on" her mother said, walking into the living room, a cup of tea clutched in her hands. She sat down next to Alexa looking at her expectantly.

"nothing" Alexa dismissed. She didn't even come to terms with the fact herself, so she was not going to tell her mother about it.

"I can tell something's up, I am your mother after all" her mother raised an eyebrow at her.

"what are you talking about?" Alexa said, hiding the biggest of smiles and also a slight blush on her cheeks. God he was messing with her head.

"honey you're in a giddy mood almost all day, you constantly smile and you keep dropping things everywhere." Her mother reasoned.

"I am not" Alexa stated simply, trying to be as cool about this situation as possible.

"you are, I can see that" her mother said, nudging Alexa's side.

"mUM" she almost shouted. The butterflies were going crazy, because she was so close to admitting that something was going on between her and Michael, yet she didn't even know what it was.

"honey, ever since Michael was here-" Her mother started but was immediately cut off by her daughter.

"it's not about Michael" Alexa squealed, her cheeks as red as tomatoes. "I'm gonna go to my room" Alexa announced. "besides boys are stupid and dramatic, I wouldn't want anything to do with any of them" she called from the hallway. Her mother was not going to get it out of her, that she was in fact falling head over heels for that boy she used to hate.

"dinner's ready in a few though" her mother called, which made Alexa turn on her heels. She loved food more than anything ever. So was she going to get food and inevitably talk to her mother or was she going to have a grumbling stomach for the rest of the evening? She went with the first option.

"I'm coming" Alexa announced from the stairs.

"thought I'd get you with food" her mother smiled.

"I am not going to tell you anything" Alexa warned.

The two of them were sitting in silence, eating their delicious food. Ever so often Alexa's mom made an attempt to speak, but stopped herself, because she knew Alexa would leave her half eaten food and storm off. But the curiosity was eating her alive. Once Alexa had scooped up the last piece of food on her plate, nothing was stopping her mother.

"so who is it on your mind then?" her mother asked.

"nobody, I told you no body" Alexa stated as plainly as possible, emphasizing the words no and body separately.

"we both know that's not true" her mother reasoned, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Alexa proceeded putting the dirty dishes into the sink, as a kind of escape from the conversation. That was obviously not working. Her mother kept on boring her with questions.

"it is about that Michael isn't it?" her mother asked.

"no" Alexa answered way too quickly, whilst her cheeks flushed in a very red tone. "he's a fuckboy" she said as calmly as possible, whilst walking out of the room.

⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉

Alexa was not the only one being bored by questions though. Michaels friends were getting at him with questions and teasing just as much as Alexa's mother was, maybe even a slight bit more. He couldn't deny that Alexa was driving him mad and he could certainly not hide that from his friends.

"come on tell us, why'd you change your mind so soon" Calum teased.

"I'm not going to tell you idiots anything, besides there is nothing to say" Michael stated quite calmly.

"look it's so obvious" Calum said "you have fallen for her, big time."

"no I haven't" Michael said in a voice that was a bit to high to be telling the truth.

"dude" luke just said. "he's right"

"can't you just leave me be" Michael was now seemingly annoyed.

"not until you admit to it" Luke said quite emotionless.

"goddamn it guys there is nothing going on how many times do I have to tell you" Michael almost whined. "ash tell them to shut up" Michael hoped to have at least one of his friends by his side, but he only earned a shrug from him.

"that's not the way you look at her though" Calum went on with the questioning, raising an eyebrow at Michael.

"me looking at her in a certain way doesn't change anything about how she sees me" Michael admitted rather sadly. He did like her, but he was about one hundred per cent sure she would never like him, after all they had been hating on each other for god knows how long.

"really?" Luke asked looking at him as if he just said the earth was a disc.

"what?" Michael said equally confused.

"dude she looks at you the same way you do at her." Calum stated.

"no she doesn't" Michael snapped.

"yes she does you just don't see it, you gotta do something about this" Luke said.

"and what do you have in mind?" Michael asked, being kind of scared of what they would make him do.

"you go over there and tell her how you feel about her, right now" Calum said, pulling Michael up from the sofa he was sitting on.

"no way" he shouted "no way in hell I am going to do that"

"ahw don't be such a chicken" Luke teased. "so you do like her a lot?"

"leave me alone" Michael said, his cheeks turning the pinkest shade of pink ever.

-------------------------

(a/n: look at those adorable cupcakes falling for each other ahw
tell me what you think love you all uwu)