20

It was a while ago since the two lovebirds had confessed their feelings for each other, yet they still didn't really put a label on their relationship. The two of them didn't really mind though, it didn't mean they wouldn't hang out of course. Because that is exactly what they did. Seemingly every living minute they spent together. They had fallen asleep in each other's arms so many times, they would probably not be able to count it anymore. So many nights were spent talking about the weirdest things and sometimes these nights ended on very emotional notes. But it was nice, they had somebody they could trust.

Alexa was sitting on her bed, not doing anything really, when her phone rang. Getting up to grab it from the desk, she wondered who would call her. Nobody usually calls. Her parents were home, her friends or rather people who she met at school at one point text and Michael also texts. So who was calling her? When she took the phone in her hand she furrowed her eyebrows as she saw the caller id. It was Michael.

"Hi" she greeted "Mikey, why are you calling me?"

"hi" he sounded really nervous for some reason "do you wanna like-" he paused "come over and chill a bit?" He asked, dodging Alexa's previous question. Alexa was beyond confused. Firstly why did he call her to ask that? It was nothing out of the ordinary, besides he had texted her that a million times. And secondly why was he acting so weirdly?

"yeah sure" she answered, still being confused. He hung up before Alexa could say anything else. She threw her phone on her bed, shaking her head because this was all so confusing. Looking at herself in the mirror, she decided that sweatpants and one of Michael's shirts was fair enough. She was only going to his place after all. She had managed to take one or two of his shirts without him noticing, she thought, when in fact he had hoped she would take them, because she looked so cute in his clothing.

A couple of minutes later she was in front of his house, still unsure of what that phone call just was. When he opened the door Alexa could tell that something was up. She pulled him into a hug. "what's going on?" she whispered against his chest.

"what? Nothing" he mumbled, but Alexa was no way near convinced.

"I can tell something's up, c'mon just tell me" she said, pulling away from him.

"everything's alright I swear" he reassured. "c'mon let's go inside"

"i don't believe you" she said squinting her eyes but she followed inside. Maybe he would open up later, she thought. They went downstairs and there was a stool in the middle of the room. Alexa didn't understand anything anymore.

"you can sit down there" he gestured over to the stool. Alexa walked over but everything felt weird.

"can you tell me what's going on?" she asked, sitting down. Michael didn't answer, he slung his guitar over and began tuning it. Alexa decided to just wait and see, since he didn't seem to answer any question today.

He turned around and played a too familiar note. Alexa knew she had heard it before but couldn't quite say what it was. Only when he began singing Alexa basically stopped breathing. Her mouth fell open and she covered it with her hands.

Wise men say only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

He began and Alexa was in awe. She was at loss of words and couldn't really believe what was happening. A few days ago she had showed him this exact song, jokingly telling him she wanted it to be played at her wedding.

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you

When he was finished a tear slipped from Alexa's eye. She was so touched by this little performance. Not trusting her voice entirely she walked up to him and hugged him as tight as she possibly could. Alexa could hear his heart beating really fast, which made her kind of nervous as well. He broke the hug and set the guitar back down. Turning back around he faced Alexa again.

He cleared his throat he began speaking, nerves evident in his tone. "I can't help falling in love with you" he hummed. "so-" he began again, taking her hands in his and looking directly into her slightly watery eyes. "would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asked sincerely.

It took Alexa a moment to register what had just happened. When she realised a huge grin broke on her face and she understood everything from today. Not so quietly she spoke "yes yes yes I would love to" before wrapping her arms around Michael's body, who was still very nervous.

When the pulled apart Michael let out a sigh of relief. He was holding in that one for quite a while.

"So this was why you were acting strange today" Alexa teased.

"you have no idea how nervous I was" he admitted, cheeks beginning to turn pink.

"awwh but why? You didn't think I was gonna say no did you?" she asked being quite shocked.

Michael scratched the back of his neck. "I mean I didn't know how you would react" he admitted. "you could have found it all way too much with the song and-" he trailed off.

"you're an idiot" Alexa shook her head.

"now I am your idiot" he said, looking up from the ground bashfully.

"wow you're so cheesy" Alexa said, although she thought all of this was amazing. Letting her heart speak instead of saying anything else, she leaned in and placed her lips against Michael's. As soon as they touched fireworks exploded and butterflies went mad. Somehow there was no difference from the first kiss to the countless kisses they had shared. Each one seemed to be special.

Alexa's hands found themselves in Michael's hair, as the kiss went on. Tousling a few strands between her fingers was definitely a way to drive Michael mad. He broke the kiss, only to leave feathery light ones all over her cheek and neck. Alexa tilted her head slightly when his lips met that spot on her neck, that spot that had her weak on her knees. Smirking, he began sucking at that exact spot.

He earned a few moans from Alexa and when he pulled away, she immediately attached their lips again. Quite hungrily this time. Even though they had kissed just before, Alexa wanted nothing more than to be met with those beautiful pink lips.

They both pulled apart after a while and rested their foreheads against each other, breathing slowly, eyes still closed. Alexa kept playing with the hair at the back of Michael's neck.

"I won't be able to hide this one, will I?" she spoke after a while of silence, referring to the hickey on her neck.

"youwon't have to" he smiled.     

-----

(a/n: little cheeseballs are now official wow)