Ever since Alexa went to that party everything has been weird. She was now thinking about the boy next door more as she would have liked to. Every two seconds she had to remind herself that he was in fact an asshole and that she hated him. But something about that hug made her think differently. She was more than torn apart. How could he suddenly be nice to her? And why was that?

However much she tried to find a reason, she simply couldn't. A fact she couldn't deny was that she couldn't stop thinking about him. Whatever she did, he was on her mind. She liked reading romance novels, which requires imagining the cheesiest plotlines. She basically couldn't do that without thinking of somebody Alexa actually hated.

Why couldn't she stop thinking about him? He was teasing her for such a long time and always making her days as worse as possible, so why was she even wasting one thought on him? He was an idiot. Period.

Alexa wasn't the only one who was going mad. Michael had been painting out scenarios in his head after that one hug. The fact that Alexa had to bite down a smile after they hugged was enough for him to never stop thinking about the bitter girl next door. On the one hand he really wanted to talk to her, because that time when they were sitting on the porch of somebody's house, they had a fairly interesting conversation. Somehow it just seemed natural. Yet on the other hand he knew that it would never happen, he would not have the guts to just talk to her. He would probably end up teasing or sassing her. God sometimes he was so stupid.

As much as Michael would have liked to stay inside of his room and play some videogames he needed to go to town. He quickly fixed up his hair in the mirror before walking out the door. His phone buzzed once he was outside so he pulled it out of his pockets and replied to the text he just got. Whilst doing that he kept on walking, obviously not looking where he was walking.

Then it happened. With a loud thump he hit his head on the streetlight. He slumped down on the floor in front of the streetlight. For a second his vision blacked out, but soon he heard muffled laughter from a familiar voice. Alexa.

Alexa had been sitting outside, enjoying a new book in the morning sun on the front porch. When suddenly she was torn out of the adventures by a loud thump and a few cuss words. As she looked up, she couldn't stop laughing. Actual Michael Clifford had hit his head on the streetlight and now he was sitting in front of it, quite in a daze. The fact that he didn't get up straight away worried Alexa a little bit.

Still laughing she made her way over to him. "you should watch where you're going" she teased. "are you alright tho?" she asked sincerely.

"yeah fine thank you" he wasn't so amused by the situation and didn't really want to face Alexa in this moment of shame.

"can I get you something, like a glass of water?" Alexa offered.

"no thanks I said I'm fine" he muttered.

He felt slightly dizzy, but never in a million years would he reveal that. Instead he turned his head only to reveal a big gash on the side.

"oh my god you're bleeding" Alexa shrieked.

"god how many times do I have to tell you I'm fine" he was now facing Alexa, annoyance prevalent in his tone.

"firstly you are in fact bleeding and that on your head and secondly if you are so fine why don't you just get up?" Alexa liked all the teasing. For once he was ever so slightly vulnerable, and Alexa was making the most of it. "come on I'll help you up" Alexa offered, holding out her hand. "besides you need to get that wound cleaned up"

"I am not five, now leave me alone" he hissed.

"do I have to remind you that you are bleeding? Come on now, I won't tell anyone" Alexa mocked. "no I am serious. You should clean it out." She was now being more than sincere. He just shot her a death glare that should signify 'leave me alone' but Alexa didn't give in. Instead she took his hand and pulled him up "Come on I can clean it out for you"