16

The four boys were sitting outside in Michael's garden having a bit of a chat. They hadn't really done that in a long time, which was actually something they had all missed. What they were talking about was nothing special, just everyday things. Michael however wasn't really into the conversation. His mind was somewhere else.

"Earth to Michael" Luke said, waving his hand in front of Michael's face.

"sorry what" Michael mumbled, being torn out of his trance.

"dude what's going on? You're being weird today" Luke explained.

"nothing" Michael said simply, shaking his head.

"ever since we came here today you have been staring off into the distance and not paying attention to anything we say" Luke elaborated. He was not having any of Michael's lies. "it's about Alexa, isn't it?"

"what? No" Michael said in a voice that was way too unconvincing.

Calum and Ashton were quite caught up in a conversation, so it was just Luke boring him with those questions. He was actually very glad about that, because he would have absolutely had no chance against the three of them.

"of course" Luke slid back in his chair. "your cheeks are red as tomatoes besides you're constantly fiddling with your hands" he added.

Michael didn't know how to respond to change the direction of the conversation, because honestly all he was thinking about was Alexa.

"something must have happened" Luke wondered "hmmm what could it be?"

"nothing happened" Michael stated, being as clear and confident as possible.

"yeah of course" Luke shook his head. "oh my god, I know it"

"what?" Michael asked dumbfounded.

"you told her, didn't you?" Luke raised his voice a little, peeking the attention of the other two.

"yeah I did" Michael admitted very lowly, eyes falling to the floor.

"well finally you told her" Calum practically screamed. "it was about time" Michaels gaze shot up, his eyes wide. He had spotted Alexa in her garden before, she was most probably still there and she had surely just heard that.

"shut up she can hear us" Michael hissed under his breath, being quite embarrassed. "especially if you shout like that"

"alexa can you hear us?" Calum shouted, a big smile on his face.

"I can hear you" Alexa shouted back, smiling broadly.

"dude I told you" Michael said a little more silent and inaudible to Alexa. His cheeks were beyond flushed.

"awh look at you" Calum raised his voice, so Alexa could hear again "you're all blushing and embarrassed" Alexa couldn't help but giggle. This was so cute.

"shut up" Michael warned, but Calum was having way too much fun.

⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉⨉

Later that day Alexa decided to invite the boys over, to have a little barbecue and maybe roast marshmallows by the bonfire. Since her parents were out, there would be no explaining to them to do either.

They had finished their barbecue and were sitting around the bonfire, which calmly crackled on. It was a chill evening and the conversation just seemed to flow. The boys told the weirdest stories and Alexa almost died laughing at most of them. This was something she had always wanted to do, just sit around the bonfire with a few friends.