4 - Magical Memories

Elsa returned to the ceremony where her people were waiting. Several relieved sighs escaped their lips when she returned. After all, if the queen disappears on her coronation day, what else were they to think?

But the memory of the magical snow bunny was nagging at her. It felt familiar somehow... It had shaken her to the core. But what had created that beauty? It certainly wasn't her; she only hurt people with her magic. So who--or, what--had done it? 

"Elsa! Elsa--I mean, Queen!" Anna's voice called out, interrupting her thoughts. Elsa turned to her sister with a smile. "May I present, Prince Hans of the Southern Isles..." 

Prince Hans was a handsome man. He has red hair and sideburns and a very attractive smile that lit up his green eyes whenever he did.

Anna and the man, Hans, gazed at each other. Elsa's thoughts wandered back to the ice rabbit.

"...blessing of out marriage!" 

What?

"Marriage?" Elsa asked, not having been listening.

"Yes!" her sister squealed. 

"I'm sorry, I'm confused."

"Well we haven't really figured out all the details ourselves...of course we'll have soup roast and ice cream and--wait! Would we live here?"

"Absolutely!" Hans agreed. 

Did he just invite himself to live in her home?

Anna and Hans went on for a few minutes, making plans that, if Elsa had anything to do with, would not be made real. Inviting Hans's brothers to stay with them...making arrangements that were absurd.

"Slow down! No one's brothers are stay here, no one is getting married."

"What?" Anna gasped.

"Anna, can I talk to you, please? Alone?"

Grabbing the man's arm protectively she replied, "No! Whatever you have to say, you... you can say it to both of us!"

"Fine. You can't marry a man that you just met."

"You can if it's true love!"

"Anna, what do you know about true love," Elsa asked. 

"Well, more than you! All you know how to do is shut people out!"

Ouch. That really hurt.

After a moment she said, "You asked for my blessing, but the answer is no. Now, if you'll excuse me."

"Your Majesty, if I may ease your--" Hans started.

"No. You may not. And, I-I think you should go," she crossed her arms and began to walk away. What Anna had said really struck home. "The party's over, close the gates."

"Elsa, no, no! Wait!" Anna yelled, running forward and grabbing her hand, pulling off her glove.

"Anna! Give me back my glove!" Elsa reached out for the glove, but her sister held it away from her.

"Elsa, please! Please, I can't live like this anymore!"

"...then leave," Elsa tucked her hand away, scared of hurting someone, and looked at Anna. The hurt in her eyes was too much. She turned and began walking away again.

"What did I ever do to you?!" Anna yelled.

"Enough, Anna," Please.

"No! Why? Why do you shut me out?! Why do you shut the world out?! What are you so afraid of?!"

"I said enough!" Elsa spins around, throwing her arms out in exasperation. In the heat, a blast of ice shoots from her fingers, creating a crescent in the room. 

Oh, no... What have I done?

****

A/N: so I know this chapter was kind of the same as what happened in the movie (who am I kidding, it was exactly the same!) but I had to put it in because the scene is really important to Jack and Elsa's relationship. You'll find out why later... no spoilers! :-)