11 - An Exchange

Elsa felt the fear inside of her grow until it was so powerful. More powerful than anything she'd ever felt before. You can do this, Elsa. You can save Jack!

"I told you I'd give you whatever you wanted, just let him go...Please!" She whispered, eyes tightly shut, fists clenched.

"What I want is..." Elsa felt his breath tickle her ear as he leaned close and whispered to her. "You."

"Me?" Her eyes flew open. "What do you mean?"

"I want you too stay here with me and be my nightmare queen." He grinned evilly.

"Where's Jack?" She asked him quickly.

"Frost!" His voice boomed through the cave. Jack came stumbling forward, badly beat up.

"Jack!" Elsa cried, rushing to him. "Oh my god...Jack..." she placed her hands on either sides of his face and held him carefully. "J-Jack...I'm s-so sorry..." she sobbed.

"Elsa...don't be...sorry..." Jack managed. He smiled at her weakly. "Just...don't do it...you...have to...get...out of here..."

"No! I'm not leaving you!"

"This is rather pathetic," the Nightmare King said boredly. "Will you take my offer or not?"

Elsa looked at Jack, her heart shattering into a million pieces. "I'm so sorry, Jack," she whispered to him. Then, she stood up and turned to the King. "I will take your offer."