5 - Elsa's Terror

Elsa stood there for a moment, looking at the disaster she'd just created. People were staring at her. After it had fully settled, she turned and burst out the door rushing outside to the courtyard...

Where she was greeted by even more people. The crowd cheered at her, congratulating her on becoming queen. She didn't hear them, though. She stood for a moment before running and pushing past them.

"Your Majesty... Are you alright?" a mother asked her. Startled, she backed up into a fountain, causing it to freeze in a frightening way. The people were suddenly silenced as they looked at what she had done. She quickly recovered and continued running away.

I have to get out of here!

The crowd parted for her, obviously scared. She ran until she reached the fjord.

"Elsa!"

She looked over her shoulder to see Ann running towards her with Hans. Looking back in front of her, she carefully placed her foot on the water, causing it to freeze over instantly. She looked back once more before running across the water, freezing it as she went until she reached the other side. After she reached the other side, she kept on running. She ran until she couldn't hear the shouts of her sister anymore. She ran until Arendelle was but a mere speck in the distance. Even after that, she kept running.

As she was running, something flew past her. She looked, seeing the same ice rabbit from before. She came to halt, looking at the creature, once again captivated by its beauty. It hopped around her, just like before, but this time, instead of landing at her feet and disappearing, it landed on her shoulder and sniffed at her ear. Despite herself, she chuckled.

"Hi," she whispered. Then the bunny turned into a figure, a man. She looked at it. It looked so familiar.

The figure then began to form letters. J. A. C. K. F. R. O. S. T.

Jack Frost... Jack Frost... Why does that name sound so... Jack Frost!

Suddenly, he appeared. Jack Frost, the friend from her childhood, the one who was there for her when she needed him most.

"Elsa," he said, smiling. "Can...can you see me?"

She nodded, tears filling her eyes. He smiled.

"Elsa, it's okay."

"No. No it's not," she whispered, the memory of what she had just done at her coronation.

"Elsa, yes it is. It's fine."

"No, Jack! It's not! I could've hurt someone... I could have hurt Anna... I could hurt you now."

"Elsa, you'll--"

"No, Jack, I need you to stay away from me. Maybe we used to be best friends, but I can't have any friends now. I'm a monster."

"Elsa, I'm not leaving you again!"

"Jack, please. It's for your own good!"

"No--"

But she ignored him and continued running. She ran to the North mountain, far away from Arendelle and anyone who she could ever hurt.