7 - Memories of a Dream

Elsa sat up in her bed with a jolt. Why was she dreaming about Jack? The dream had left her truly rattled.

And who was that who took Jack from her?!

And why did she let him kiss her? She did not like Jack Frost. There was no way. He was simply her childhood friend, nothing more. They weren't even friends anymore! No. She didn't like him. Not one bit.

She shook her head, erasing the memory. She was just confused. That's all! She was imagining feelings that weren't really there.

But his smile was nice...

Stop it, Elsa! Snap out of it!

She took a deep breath. Forget about Jack Frost. He's nothing to you.

Getting out of bed, Elsa ran her fingers through her hair. She walked over to her vanity. Looking in the mirror, she noticed that her eyes were bloodshot and there were bags underneath them. It was obvious that she was stressed.

Memories of that kiss from her dream kept coming back. Unwanted memories.

Elsa, get a grip! Keep it together!

But she had a nagging feeling in her gut that something was wrong. Something with Jack.

Is there a chance that whoever took Jack in the dream...took him for real? No. Elsa, you're being ridiculous!

She laughed it off. Jack was fine. He was a grown man and could take care of himself! He didn't need Elsa coming behind him and watching to make sure he was okay. After all, she wasn't his girlfriend.

You know you want to be...

"No, I don't!" She yelled out loud at the foreign voice that invaded her mind.

You know that he's in trouble, yet you pretend like you don't care. Why? You truly have no heart, Elsa.

"Stop it! Leave me alone!"

The evil Snow Queen. Cold hearted and cruel. You hurt your sister, your parents, and now Jack. You can never stop, can you?

"Please," she whispered. "That's not what happened...I'm not like that. I didn't mean to hurt them!"

But you know you can save him. And yet you ignore it.

"...H-how am I supposed to save him?" She said after a moment. She wouldn't allow yet another person to be hurt because of her again.

Aha. Now you decide to listen. I'm afraid it's too late. Jack is nearly dead by now.