6 - High Upon the Mountaintop

On the mountain, Elsa was alone again. She looked around, not a sound to be heard our a soul to be seen for miles. She exhaled quietly. I'm sorry, Jack.

"Why do I have this curse?" She asked herself aloud. "I'm three queen of Arendelle...no. I'm the queen of isolation. I can't control my emotions, I can't control my powers... I can't control anything! Everything I touch dies! And just when I think I've got it under control, I slip up."

With a careless wave of her hand to the side, she created a little snowman.

"But I'm done with all of this! I'm done hiding from who I am. Let the storm rage on because the cold never bothered me anyways."

She quickly unbuttoned her cape, releasing it and letting the wind carry it away, far, far away.

"This far away, all my problems seem so small and all my fears that once controlled me are gone. I'm done pretending to be someone I'm not. Now I'm going to see what I can really do. I'll test my limits and break through!"

She pushed a blast of ice forward, creating the beginnings of a staircase. Tentatively, she placed her foot on it, and the snow immediately vanished, leaving an icy step. She ran up it, creating more as she went until there was a long, crystalline staircase behind her. Stomping on the floor, she created a giant crystal snowflake, she proceeded to pull using her powers to create a huge ice palace, complete with a chandelier.

She then ran her hands along her body, creating a glittering blue ice dress with a snowflake cape. She pulled her hair out of its tight bun, becoming a loose, messy, yet beautiful, braid.

She didn't notice Jack watching her, mouth agape, starting in awe at the once young princess that had been his best friend.

"I feel so much better, so much freer!" Elsa cried. "This is amazing... I didn't know what I was capable of. I should've done this a long time ago."

Elsa looked around her new room in her new home. She quickly added an ice bed and some ice furniture. She looked at the room, pleased with herself.

****

That night, Elsa dreamt about Jack.

He was with her, holding her in his arms, kissing her. And it felt so nice. His lips were soft and, surprisingly, warm.

"Elsa, I love you," he whispered. She smiled at him.

"I love you too, Jack."

"Please, don't ever send me away--"

Suddenly, a shadowy figure came, grabbing her beloved Jack, ripping him away from her.

All he left behind was black sand.

****

A/N: dun dun dun! Gee...I wonder who it could be... of course, remember that was just a dream she had. Let me know what you think!!